Dialer One and Google Voice Capabilities

Last Updated:

1. acmeinc

acmeinc Active Member This Topic's Starter

I can not seem to get Google Voice and Dialer One to work together.

I currently have my Google Voice settings to *always* use Google Voice, however when I call someone my actual number shows up. If you are unfamiliar with Google Voice, the Google Voice number should show up.

This problems seems to be limited to my ROM which has the HTC dialer replaced by Dialer One.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Advertisement
  2. hattrick

hattrick Well-Known Member

It's a bug with 2.1 and current version of google voice (0.3). You need the older version of google voice (0.2). You should be able to find it with a search if not pm me your email and I'll send it to you.

3. hybridowner

hybridowner Active Member

Actually, that's not entirely true. At 2.1 V3 the bug is fixed and Google Voice V0.3 now dials out the same way it did in V0.2. V0.3 is a much better app, new messages get pushed to the phone, and there are a whole bunch of other enhancements. However, if you're running 2.1 V2 or lower, Google Voice 0.3 will not use a separate number to dial out and therefore you won't be able to use the F&F trick to not use minutes. I'm using the leaked 2.1 V3 and Voice 0.3 works awesome on it! So if your ROM is based on 2.1 V3, then yes, it could be a problem with Dialer One, but if you're using an older version of 2.1, then the problem is with the OS and probably not Dialer One.

4. acmeinc

I should have been keeping up. I'm using the eris21official-root.zip as my basis.There is a v3 2.1 now eh? I'll make myself up a ROM. Thx for this.

**Edit** I'm having problems finding a link to the latest 2.1 v3 update on the stickies. Could you help a brother out?

5. Heliotropic

Heliotropic Well-Known Member

You could use Conap's themed version of jcase's root leak 3
    http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-eris/72187-rom-eris-lightning-1-0-a.html

or just jcase's basic rom from XDA
    Rooted Leak3 (which is the 4th leak? lol) Rom Base DOWNLOAD - xda-developers

Hope that helped a brother out:D

6. acmeinc

v4 (v3 root) is now on my root download page. To find the URL scan my qr code.

Thanks for hook-ups holmes.