• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dialer One - app

wildtouch83

Android Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2010
Are any of your Eris users using the Dialer One app? I just installed it today. It is very customizable and snappier than the stock dialer. I really didn't hate the stock dialer, but, I was actually looking for an alternative one to see if my problem of the losing audio was related to stock dialer or not.

Feel free to use this as a discussion for Dialer One. I am curious to know other people's experiences.

There's no way to set the dialer one app to be the default dialer is there? I like the way it works and looks, but obviously when i hit the send button to bring up the dialer...its the stock one

If you disable sense UI can you set the default dialer as dialer one?

is there no other way to change default dialer to Dialer One from the regular dialer?

Upvote 0
If you disable sense UI can you set the default dialer as dialer one?

is there no other way to change default dialer to Dialer One from the regular dialer?

I don't use Sense UI and I did not see anyway to set Dialer one as my default Dialer. I'm guessing with root you probably could remove the stock dialer and set Dialer One as your stock dialer o a dialer from another android phone

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
i probably will but their site is blocked at my job

seems like non-stock dialers can't access programming menus...

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/61114-cant-dial-778-a.html

I am going to try to see if I can add the stock dialer back on my phone without replacing dialer one as the default. If anyone has input on that it would be appreciated...

I could not find a way to get the stock dialer back, so I went into the MARKETPLACE and did a search for "Dialer One" and there was an UNINSTALL button.

After uninstalling, I was then able to get back into programming mode on my HTC EVO. (ie: ##8626337#)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones