Dialer One on FroyoSupport

Last Updated:

1. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For those of you who got hooked on the Dialer One app prior to Froyo, have you had the following occur since the update to 2.2 and the Dialer One updates:
    1. Answer a call, end it, stock dialer pad appears
    2. Initiate a call, end it, stock dialer pad appears

I want to make sure it's not a setting I am missing. I don't think it is, as I've looked over and over again and can't find anything that can disable that. It's driving me nuts.

Advertisement
  2. FahdR

FahdR Active Member

Try reseting the defaults with this application because i remember that it asked which dialer to use when the first call after install was ended. maybe u picked the wrong one by accident.
    Hope this helps.
    Secondly,, is it any faster on 2.2 cuz on 2.1 it lags sometime and by sometimes i mean most of the time..

3. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

I think it might be trying to go to your call log. Try an app called "Not Call Log" just to see if that fixes it. Set it up to go to your home screen when calls are ended.

4. mahers

It's already set as my default, otherwise, when I hit the dialer button, the stock onw would pop up instead of DO. As for lag, not sure where you see the lag, but there is a slight delay after hitting the call button and when I use my speed dial buttons - more so than with 2.1.

I chose the option to go close the app after ending a call, and checked that setting again to make sure.

I may uninstall and reinstall it to see if that helps. I hate having to hit the back button more than I need to.

5. mahers

Ok, uninstalling and reinstalling did not work. Is anyone else experiencing this or am I the only one???

6. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

you can try using the app "not call log" this allows you to set what happens after a call is ended. set it to home and when you hang up it will take you to the home screen. also other choices and options in the app.

7. mahers

Thanks to both of you for recommending this app. It still bothers me that I need another app to do what Dialer One used to do. If the damn stock dialer was any good, I wouldn't need any of these.

I got it, and now when a call ends, the phone goes back to Dialer One. That has a setting to end after call, which isn't working at all now. So I close DO, and guess what appears...the Favorites list from the Stock Dialer!!! WTF!?!?! I saw three version, Classic, Newer one, and a Paid Version. I can't really tell the difference between them all. Way too much work for something so simple...jeeze!!!!!!!

8. droidx_fan

droidx_fan Well-Known Member

mahers, you're not alone, I have the same thing happening with mine. Very, very frustrating as I often have multiple calls in a row to make. End the first call with Dialer One, get back to the dial pad and it is the regular dialer keypad.

Great thing with Android, a market has been created for apps to fix the shortcomings of other apps! NOT. What nonsense. No wonder the damn thing lags and freezes so much. Perhaps they need to get some developers that can simply write some efficient code that actually works.

9. mahers

I don't get it. My old dumphone had a great dialer. Hit the hard dial button, all previous calls pop up, hit dial button again to redial last #. Or pull up the dial pad, hit a key for quick dial, end call...home page! Imagine that!!! This aint rocket science! Or is it, and we just expect too much???:eek:

Oh, and the developer is non-existent when it comes to answering emails. Funny how they get their product to market, start updating stuff while breaking other functionality, and then disappear. I don't want to slam the guy, but seriously, just let me know if it can be fixed or if I am SOL because I really liked the app at one point!