Dialer Pad Vibration

Last Updated:

1. meangreengdub

meangreengdub Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to turn off the vibration when dialing a number? I like the keypad tone but I don't want it to vibrate. I've looked all over and can't find it. I could have sworn I had it turned off but then I had to reset my phone and now I can't get it off. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. cuskit

cuskit Well-Known Member

You are right - I believe that is called haptic feedback, and I think that option may have been removed with the 2.0.1 upgrade? I see no settings for turning it on or off, yet I also recall being able to control this from "settings - sounds & display".

Perhaps others may chime in here with better info? cuskit

3. NewShockerGuy

NewShockerGuy Well-Known Member

My is set to off and it doesn't vibrate or make noise for the txt msges or any type of input BUT the phone aspect always vibrates... also looking to turn that off.

Thanks,
    -Nigel

4. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

This is a known issue since the Sprint MR in December. Before the update, we could turn off the haptic feedback in the dialer, afterwords, no go.

5. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

this is partially the reason for the lag in the dialer. Hopefully this gets fixed in 2.1

6. SynergyNT

SynergyNT Member

I have a Nexus, but since it has 2.1, I can say this is still an issue. Even if you disable haptic feedback entirely, there still does not appear to be an option to disable it for the phone dialer.