Dialer Questions

Last Updated:

1. sbbamafan

sbbamafan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted this weekend and everything is GREAT - much better than I expected!!!

There is a problem, though. My dialer is not dialing by the letters in the name of the contact. It only dials by the numbers. I have been dialing by name so long I don't know anybody's numbers any more and have to go through the contacts to find the name to select to make a call to them. VERY CUMBERSOME!!. Is there a setting to change or another dialer I can download? I really appreciate your help in this.

Thnaks.

Advertisement
  2. sbbamafan

I just installed Dialer One after posting this. It looks like it will do what I need - just a little more learning curve and getting used to it... Other suggestions are still welcome.

3. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

I believe 'Dialer One' has been suggested from the android market, that may help;)

Have you tried using your 'Voice Search' button? Press and say name, and it dials directly. For example; press and say, Joe Smith mobile. Then it dials that number in about 2-4 sec

4. mrtimo

mrtimo Well-Known Member

Dialer One is a t9 dialer, are there any QWERTY dialers? This is how my blackberry was...

5. sbbamafan

What is a "t9" dialer?