Dialer Slow/lag sometimes...?Support

Last Updated:

1. ace

ace Member This Topic's Starter

This started about a month ago, the dialer takes like about 5 secs to load if the phone has been on standby for sometime, in fact sometime it keeps happening even if i just opened the dialer like 15 seconds ago. Thought it was adw launcher at first, then thought it was my shorcuts made by folder organiser and then noticed the same on the stock home screen and launcher pro. Funny thing its snappy right after opening it once mostly, never had anything new done to it. Its like has if it tries to go on super dialer power saver mode or something. Shame these phones can do so much but having basic issues at times, like the alarm bug.. now fixed though! no wonder they advertise the other stuff nowadays and less of the actually calling functions!

Also note that even other things felt a little slower but nothing like the dialer, i tried a factory reset and the latest update.. no change in the lag part. Hoping 2.2 makes little issues like this go away.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

I say reformat everything... re-flash original firmware and work with a clean slate... this way you can test and see... take my advice at your own risk of course lol :p

When I first rooted my phone I went crazy with installing apps and shit stopped working things were slow it was crazy.. so i backed up all my sh*t formatted my memory stick and re-flashed Telus original firmware and then the vulnerable rec. and everything was cleared to original settings and was so fast again!!!

3. ace

vulnerable rec?

4. TelusMilestone

Yes the thing that unlocks the phone or most commonly know as root. Flashing it back will make everything default again. Like I said back everything up and do it at your own risk. It fixed my phone. Actually it's time again for a flash. Everytime i format my pc everything runs so smooth phones are little computers.

5. ace

I guess a fresh install over an upgarde to a pc is always advised to so same would go here. But flashing the original firmware, I'm not quite sure how its in the UAE, i mean the version we have running or whatever. Is there a simple way of doing this? and getting the original firmware and a simply newbie guide?

6. TelusMilestone

Well I'm pretty new to android so I'm only going to suggest what I know worked for me. There is a newbie guide (excellent one at that) in the forums here to root, link provided below

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-milestone/75460-milestone-2-1-update-root-guide.html

This is how I did my phone if you have any questions let me know and I'll see if I can help you.

PS When you get to the step where it says to reboot phone manually that is the only tricky step that got me confused and took me a bit to figure it out... When you do root before you do anything (install apps, change settings etc) you should do a back up of the whole phone.

7. ace

ok turns out running a task manager in this case Advanced task killer did the trick. I normally don't use take managers as personally never found any difference until now. In fact i uninstalled just to make sure thats what helped. Seems like laying off a few apps makes the dialer behave as snappy as ever. FYI I left all the core services running except something called motorola.acuteweather or something cant remember it exactly and then the usual apps which i rarely use and love auto starting.

Happy with the phone again, except for the news over on phandroid where motorola has not given a 100% of the froyo release :(

update: i think the market app might be the cause and shutting it via the task manager keeps my dialer pristine