Dialer Storage??Support

Last Updated:

1. Cotton123

Cotton123 Well-Known Member

Is there a way to clear the app Dialer Storage? Right now its at 19mb with no way to clear the data. Is it recording numbers I am dialing?

2. andr01d

andr01d Well-Known Member

hmmm.... easier to pass a phone audit huh? :) On the Dialer screen, hit Properties (bottom middle-left red button), then Call history, then Properties again, then Remove call history, check Select all at the top, etc. Wow I just removed 495 of them :)
  3. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Settings => Applications => All apps => Dialer storage => Clear data.
    Frisco likes this.
  4. Cotton123

Only had 10 calls and its still reading the same. restarted the phone as well. It goes from 17mb at the lowest and 19 at the highest. So many apps and services they dont explain on HTC and Verizons sites. Have one called Scribble that I have no idea what its function is. After the jan. Verizon push and Plays conversion they showed up it seems. Thank you for the help though. Much appreciated
  5. Cotton123

All the clear data settings etc.. are grayed out so I can only force stop it. Dont want to do that until I know what its got on it. Thanks for the help. I have enough memory but every bit counts sooner or later.
  6. Strausy

Strausy Member

Deleting large texts should reduce the size of Dialer Storage.
    Cotton123 and Legobricke like this.
  7. Legobricke

Legobricke Well-Known Member

This is the correct way to reduce the Dialer Storage number.... Photo's and large amount of text and really push this number high!

Cotton123 likes this.
  8. Jotamide

Jotamide Member

So is it safe to clear data or will I lose all my texts?
  9. antigen

antigen New Member

No, clearing this deletes all text including locked and pics
  10. Cotton123

I would never had guessed nor do I get why pics would have anything to do with dialer. Is it because of the attachments sent in texts of pics? Thanks and I'll delete some pics and see if it changes. Thank you and the original quote that mentioned too. I appreciate the help
  11. earthchild

earthchild New Member

I have an HTC desire - I clear my dialer storage (gets up around 28mb) and don't lose any texts etc.
  12. Meridian1

Meridian1 New Member

None of these work for mine. All the clear data settings etc.. are grayed out so I can only force stop it. Dont want to do that until I know what its got on it.
  13. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Hello Meridian1 and welcome to Android Forums. What exactly are you trying to do? Perhaps we can help you.
  14. bleszing

bleszing Member

Hi. Hoping I can hop in on this thread and get some help. I have Galaxy S5 on Lollipop and can't find a way to clear my MASSIVE dialer storage data. Any suggestions?
  15. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator