Dialer use inside of a callSupport

Last Updated:

1. paddywhoo

paddywhoo New Member This Topic's Starter

Is it just me? After I've reached a number with a menu ("Click one to choose customer service; click two for billing...") the only way I seem to be able to input numbers is to open the slide-out keyboard and use the top row of numbers. This is really not convenient. Am I missing something? Is there a way to cause the dialer to reappear on the touch screen that allows me to push numbers that work to navigate a menu?
    Thanks!

Paddywhoo

Advertisement
  2. wankster

wankster Member

there is a notification bar like pull out that reveals an on screen dialer.

3. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

This brings up a good point...on my sidekick I had preprogrammed my vmail to dial in, wait 4 seconds (4 commas) then dial #mynumber and my pin, but when I use that same scenario on the G1, it won't even dial out.

Which means manual entry of all that post call data. Any ideas?

4. paddywhoo

paddywhoo New Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you for the tip but you are way ahead of me. I'm just crawling here. A "notification like pull-out bar": I don't know what you mean. Could you tell me how to get that dialer back while I'm inside a call so I can punch a digit that will navigate me through an audio menu, like what happens when I call, say, the electric company?

Thank you!

Paddywhoo

5. SirFenwick

SirFenwick Well-Known Member

When you are in a call, you can slide up a dial pad just like the menu system on the home screen.

It'll be a grey button with the number 5 on it, just slide it up.

6. arun0009

arun0009 New Member

I was looking for the same, was annoying to open the keypad and punch the numbers, but now i can drag that number 5 just like menu on screen and dial the numbers...perfect !!