1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

dialing a phonenumber from within a textSupport

1. evilbeef54

evilbeef54 Well-Known Member

Am I missing a setting here or something, the last few phones I have had, Palm and WinMo, would allow you to dial a phone number from within a text or calander event by taping on it, any string of 7 numbers or more if you clicked on it it would ask if you wanted to dial, this is really helpful of someone texts you a ph # and you want to call it

Advertisement
  2. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

I just answered this question within the Handcent thread....
  3. evilbeef54

Saw that, that is freakin weird that's exactally what I'm talking about did your number have any spaces in it, in the other devices I have used it didn't matter if there was a space for example tapping

5551112222 would dial but so would
    555 111 2222 or
    555-111-2222

So far examples 2 and 3 do not become underlined and allow me to dial I have not been texted ex 1 yet
  4. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

Lol double post.... I see you are responding from your Moment.

Mine had no spaces or dashes. I will attempt it using dashes. Will report back.
  5. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

ok...

9035641234 - Go
    903-234-1234 - Go
    903 123 1234 - No Go.
  6. evilbeef54

Good to know, annoying, but good to know, now I have to train everyone else damnit... and yea you are right I'm posting from the moment hence the double post... well drinking wiskey and watching Bad Santa probably doesn't help either
  7. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member

:eek: Roger, ur home; lemme fix u some sandwiches :eek:

:D