Dialing numbers while in a callSupport

Last Updated:

1. Windchill

Windchill Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I noticed something yesterday about the G1 that is kind of a pain in the butt. If you call, say your cable company, they have you push 1 for this 3 for that and key in the last 4 of your social security for security purposes so on an so forth. Has anyone figured out a way to do this? Every time I tried to do it I ended up hanging up the call :eek:. I hadn't noticed this before because the old lady normally handles all this on her phone or I do it from my work phone. I tell ya, it was really annoying. Lol! Just wondering if its a bug or its just me? I know its prolly just me, right? :D.

Advertisement
  2. adien666

adien666 Well-Known Member

at the bottom of the screen there is a 5 symbol, just tap it and the number grid will pop up!:D

3. N3TWORK BURN3R

N3TWORK BURN3R Well-Known Member

Yep! it took me a while to get this.

4. ikkleste

ikkleste Member

or you can do it from the keyboard. more fiddley though.

5. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

I posted in another thread that I have had other mobile's with speed dial programmed number and vmail navigation, and just like you, if you do this on the G1 the call won't dial out.

I am using standard "phone company" dialing tricks like a comma for a pause for 1 sec etc. Very annoying and odd. This is the only phone, mobile or landline I have ever seen that this does not work.

6. Windchill

Windchill Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the response all of you. I will try the #5 thing next time I am on a call like that. :)

7. Ryan Kruspe

Ryan Kruspe New Member

This is really annoying. What I tend to do (after bringing up the dialpad) is keep rolling my thumb over the navigation ball (whatever it is called) to keep things from locking up. I hate that little picture of a lock that says "double tap to unlock" VERY inconvenient.. since you could be hitting it and hit the wrong number or anything like it. I also tend to glance at the screen often. When I use my bluetooth headset it is all much easier but yes, a pain.