Dialing options?Support

Last Updated:

1. JJBlade

JJBlade Member This Topic's Starter

Having come from an HTC Hero I am struggling with my dialing options? Previously if I wanted to dial Martin I could just tap 627 on the keypad and the option was there.

Now with the Nexus one do I really have to scroll through all my contacts to find the correct person? Surely this is very laborious and slow.

Making a speed dial seems a bit silly as well as there are so many people in my contact list.

So any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. oniongirl

oniongirl Well-Known Member

Once you're in the contact list, if you hold the menu softkey til the keyboard appears, you can type their name in there, but I don't know of a way to enable using the phone keypad to dial the number representations of the names, sorry.

Actually, what's stranger is that you can pull the qwerty keyboard up on the actual dialling screen and type letters into it just fine, but it'll just directly translate the letters into numbers. That is a little irritating.

I'm off to find that Google dev board with the star-able suggestions.

3. JJBlade

Cheers Oniongirl. I find it very frustrating but thats to be expected as each new phone always has some small foible over the last.

I see you are in the UK to. Notts for me and these things are as rare as rocking horse shit up here.

4. oniongirl

oniongirl Well-Known Member

Yeh, I haven't seen anyone with one. The only two people I know who even know about the phone are my boyfriend and his pal, and the latter won't let me show it off because he's just bought his own phone to be excited about. No one gets it :D

5. rubi76

rubi76 Well-Known Member

I use STARCONTACT. It's free and with good options.

6. jcmtyler

jcmtyler Well-Known Member

I purchased aTAKEphONE for like $3, as a replacement for the stock dialer. Among many other cool features it includes this ability to look up contacts by hitting the number keys corresponding to the letters in their name, T9-style.

7. JJBlade

Perfect !

This is exactly what I was after. Cheers