• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dialing: unintended and repetitive

Biking

Lurker
Apr 21, 2010
This has happened frequently since this Motorola was new: mystery or pocket dialing.

Problem Pattern:
Make a call and end it.
Place the phone on a table or arm rest or in a holster.
Without any contact, the Droid dials one or more recently called contacts.

The phone dials from the phone log without any action on my part. This has happened even after the phone was returned to home screen, locked or put into sleep mode.

Is there any way to lock the Motorola Driod to prevent 'pocket dialing'?

I've read similar threads where the solution was to change the dial sequence to include confirmation. This adds yet another series of steps to making a simple phone call - not desirable.

This has created a number of very embarassing situations with my clients. If this continues, there will be a lightly used Driod for sale.......

My phone app is absolutely horrible. This situation hasn't exactly happened to me.. but repeatedly I will hit a name, but it will pick a different one on the screen and I will be dialing someone else. Or, the phone will take like 20 seconds from pressing a contact, to actually placing the phone call. I HATE my phone app, it sucks!

Upvote 0
I have found that calls are being made from my home screen unless I cleared the phone log.
Thanks for the suggestion for Not Call Log. This, with call log clearing, may be the fix.

My BBerry had a lock feature that was configurable to a hard button. This would be the real fix. Anyone know how to reconfigure the camera button to another function?

Update on the update:
Today I let the Droid drop on to a padded armrest from about 1 inch above and it dialed a number from a direct dial short cut. This SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones