Dialing: unintended and repetitive

Last Updated:

1. Biking

Biking Member This Topic's Starter

This has happened frequently since this Motorola was new: mystery or pocket dialing.

Problem Pattern:
    Make a call and end it.
    Place the phone on a table or arm rest or in a holster.
    Without any contact, the Droid dials one or more recently called contacts.

The phone dials from the phone log without any action on my part. This has happened even after the phone was returned to home screen, locked or put into sleep mode.

Is there any way to lock the Motorola Driod to prevent 'pocket dialing'?

I've read similar threads where the solution was to change the dial sequence to include confirmation. This adds yet another series of steps to making a simple phone call - not desirable.

This has created a number of very embarassing situations with my clients. If this continues, there will be a lightly used Driod for sale.......

Advertisement
  2. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

This doesn't sound right at all. Perhaps a defective touch screen?

3. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member

My phone app is absolutely horrible. This situation hasn't exactly happened to me.. but repeatedly I will hit a name, but it will pick a different one on the screen and I will be dialing someone else. Or, the phone will take like 20 seconds from pressing a contact, to actually placing the phone call. I HATE my phone app, it sucks!

4. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

5. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member

Go into the market and download NOT CALL LOG. This will allow you to choose another screen to pop up once you end a call. I have mine set to the home screen. I am not sure if this is the answer your hoping for. It has solved my "butt dialing" issues!!!

123panda and Biking like this.
  6. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Well-Known Member

I had my touch screen bug out like yours before. Go into settings then developer mode and turn off USB debugging if it is on. That cured the problem for me, but mostly I believe it relates to a low memory state.

7. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if any other dialer apps from different phones have been ported and are usable on the Droid?

8. Biking

Biking Member This Topic's Starter

I have found that calls are being made from my home screen unless I cleared the phone log.
    Thanks for the suggestion for Not Call Log. This, with call log clearing, may be the fix.

My BBerry had a lock feature that was configurable to a hard button. This would be the real fix. Anyone know how to reconfigure the camera button to another function?

Update on the update:
    Today I let the Droid drop on to a padded armrest from about 1 inch above and it dialed a number from a direct dial short cut. This SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN.