Dialling people in error!Support

Last Updated:

1. Spacer 3

Spacer 3 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Forum

I am 2 weeks in and loving my HTC Magic, the android OS is SUCH and refreshing change from my previous HTC which has Mindows Mobile 6 - I didnt like it at all, I have just realised how awkward it was compared with Android!

Here are my two issues:

1) Dialling people in error - I think this can be largely resolved by always making sure I have locked my phone (I have a 4 second auto lock and have now employed the draw design to unlock feature) - Anybody suggest anything else better that may be avaiable on the Market?

2) When phone is unlocked and the green button is touched twice in error someone gets dialled. And someone who doesnt answer gets left a voicemail. All quite frustrating and embarrassing!! I noticed that when the phone is unlocked and the green button is pressed it goes straight to the 'Call Log' tab - can I change this to default to the 'Dialler' tab i.e some random number will be dialled as opposed to a friend to help avoid my paranoia of 'what was said' etc?!

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. iudex

iudex Member

I can't really see the problem here... I never experienced any problems with this. Just hit the "hang up"-button before you put the phone in your pocket and it will go into some kind of hibernate mode with key-lock.

3. timbro

timbro Active Member

1 gripe i have is when you hit the red button to hang up a call it doesn't close the dialer application. It just turns the screen off.

4. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

I had this same problem on my Palm Treo -- until I fixed it quite simply -- just make sure your #1 entry is un-dialable: create a contact with no name and no number. :D

5. iudex

iudex Member

Just hit the "home"-button before you click the "hang up"-button.

6. rogerxd45

rogerxd45 New Member

mine has done this a few times, like right when i hang up it called someone. but with cupcake i havent had this issue