Dialpad BehaviorSupport

1. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

When I have voicemail showing in the notification area (top of the screen) and I pull it down to choose to listen, once it dials, I can hear the voice telling me about new messages and to enter my pin.

The problem seems to be when it ask me to enter my pin number, the dialpad blinks and black out after I pick one number and I can't choose another number before the voice will say wrong pin number.

Has anyone seen this issue before? Is there a way to stop it from blinking? What is another way to go into the voicemail system?

Thnx.

Advertisement
    :
  2. shrpshtr325

shrpshtr325 Well-Known Member

you could edit the vm contact to include a 2sec pause and then dial your pw, however then anyone who picks up your phone can get to your vm (we did this for my dad bc he is computer illiterate and cannot type his PIN in fast enough to get in otherwise)
    saptech likes this.
  3. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

I'll keep that in mind.

Thnx.
  4. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

I HAVE to go into my voicemail by either dialing *86 or my own phone number, I don't get voicemail notifications at all, and I have to listen to my own message, then press * to interrupt and enter my passcode to get to my messages.
  5. shrpshtr325

i use google voice for my voicemail. . . sooo much better than the verizon included vm
  6. shrpshtr325

who was that really directed to?
  7. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

I used to use Google Voice on my Ascend, but I had issues with it. Sometimes it would go there, sometimes to my carrier. I never could get it working smooth. I never did bother to mess around with it again once I switched to Verizon. But when it worked, it was pretty sweet.
  8. shrpshtr325

my favorite feature is the voicemail transcriptions sent as txts
  9. KnightCrusader

KnightCrusader Well-Known Member

That and its unlimited (I think) visual voicemail for free, and can be checked from any web browser using your Google account. :D