dialpad doesn't work during callSupport

1. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Well-Known Member

So I made a discovery - my dialpad doesn't work during a call. Even if I bring it up via the softkeys, the numbers don't register a tap...anyone. else have this issue or is it just my phone?

Advertisement
  2. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

workls for me on h8 sw
  3. hippy

hippy Well-Known Member

Mine works fine too. Just bring the little grey box up from the bottom (dialpad) to show the numbers and press away. I'm using default O2 version running H6 firmware.
  4. talldom

talldom Member

My hero, I was about to post the same thing. Even more strangely, it used to work fine when i first got the phone. I've used it previously to navigate onto conference call calls etc. It now seems like the screen is locked during the call even though it looks like it can be touched.

My theory is that it might be to do with an app I installed that fiddles with screen locking (Lock 2.0) not clearing out properly. I've uninstalled it now, but its still an issue. Have you installed that?

Dom

i7500/O2/1.5/H6
  5. spottyelephant

No i never installed that. So it's not that. I've no idea what it could be. Previously i used it (the dialpad) once to delete a message from voicemail - but i had issues registering presses, thought i just had a greasy finger or something.

Now though the grey tab doesnt register, and if i bring it up via softkey options, the screen doesnt register anything - have to "exit" the phone with the home button.

It's annoying, but not a showstopper. I'm going to wait until i next update my phone and see if it's fixed. If not then i'll start to look into contact samsung or something.

I'll keep hunting the internet though!
  6. Xenon

Xenon Well-Known Member

How do I make the phone ignore the incoming call?
  7. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Press the HangUp/Power Button
  8. talldom

talldom Member

Its certainly making me think about risking an Odin powered flash to H8 (along with preceeding issues with the crappy battery life and maddening screen lock).

Hilariously I tried to phone up samsung to complain, but couldn't navigate their voice menu system without the keys. Can this be a coincidence?

D
  9. ryko

ryko Well-Known Member

Hi All, Just read this thread and realise that I have the same problem, I upgraded to H8 last week and I know the dialpad was working before !:mad:
  10. Rastaman-FB

just a thought

have you enabled vibration when using dial keys in settings?
    if not then try it.
    also have you installed spareparts?
  11. ryko

ryko Well-Known Member

Hi Rasterman-FB,
    Following your thought I enabled/disabled vibration this made no difference, then tried uninstalling spare parts,still no dialpad, thanks anyway all thourghts are very appreciated.
  12. spottyelephant

Are there any free replacement dialer apps on the market - full dialers i mean. I tried one of the higher rated ones last night and once u key in the initial number using it's dialer, it uses the normal dialer then once ur in call. Basically i want an alternative dialpad to use while im on a call!
  13. zukbang

zukbang Active Member

my dialer didn't work for awhile. but all of sudden it works again...I don't know what is causing this problem but it works now..
  14. ryko

ryko Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    Just had some time to mess about with the phone, was clearing a bit of space on the screen,got rid of autosync and wifi, on/off toggles as I now use the Switchers app from Samsung.I used the force stop command in Manage Aplications on Switchers app to set everything to zero (a thourght of my own),do not know if it has significance but since then my dialpad is up and working again:D Hope this is of some help
  15. ryko

ryko Well-Known Member

Hi All,
    My dialpad refused to work again. This time I went straight too "manage aplications" Dialer Storage and did a force stop,tried the dialer again and found it to be working.I'm no technicien but I hope this might advance someone on to finding the bug or just helping restore the dialer.
  16. spottyelephant

Nope, nothing for me. Anyone got i5 firmware yet? Can you do a test to see if it works??
  17. hippy

hippy Well-Known Member

I just tested this (running II5 as of last night) and dialed 901 for voicemail, listened to a message, moved the phone away from my ear, waited a short time for the screen to unlock from black, screen unlocked, I slid the little dialpad grey button thing up and pressed 3 to delete the voicemail. Basically this all works fine for me. It worked exactly the same when I had the old firmware too (IH6).
  18. spottyelephant

Damn, which means it was never a problem for u in the first place! Altho i have h8 firmware, so maybe its an h8-specific problem. I mite upgrade to i5 this week then and hopefully that'l fix it!
  19. Rastaman-FB

its something else, ive had h6, h8 and i5 and never experienced this problem
    its somethign else causing it
  20. talldom

talldom Member

I'd give Ryko's fix another try, it seems to be the dialer storage that you have to force close. I'm still on H6 (thanks Samsung) and am getting the problem periodically. Force close of the dialler and dialler storage apps has resolved it every time.

Dom
  21. spottyelephant

BOOM! Worked a treat this time. Thanks guys. Least we defo know the problem now :)
  22. bitxboi

bitxboi Well-Known Member

strange problem, never experienced something like that on my Galaxy. I hope a future firmware fix will do for you though.
  23. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

I think the task is hanging. It'll be something related to your contacts or dial codes in your country or something wierd like that. That's why some of you have it and others dont. Bottom line is its a bug and you shouldnt have to kill the task. Lets hope its fixed soon!
  24. gie62001

gie62001 Well-Known Member

hey KAM welcome back
    how was your holliday?hope you enjoyed it and ready to come back to hard work of Samsung Galaxy issues world :) you made me decide to go for galaxy and i dont regret it for a minute and actually im thankful that you made me decide. i love the phone just battery is killing me but i and others found that Samsung case is draining the battery so for few days im managing to get 2 days from full charge. im still on H8 firmware though.
    i remember before holiday you said when you come back you want to see some changes but i guess nothing changed here,lol.
    just wanted to say welcome back
  25. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

Hehe thanks. When i get time i think i'll start looking at how we can start integrating some of the android 1.6 stuff into the images. I've just managed to compile the kernel after alot of messing about with the arm toolchain :)

So are you saying the case presses the lock or camera button and that wakes the phone up? Maybe we could disable those buttons and use the ones on the front instead for unlock.

PS. it was work, then a holiday treking in the himalayas!