Dialysis App for Patients

Last Updated:

1. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if there are any apps for dialysis patients to help keep up with their daily information? Info such as blood pressure, temp, sugar count, date, time of day, etc.

If not, what about another app that can be used to record this information on a daily basis? Free if possible.

Thnx.

Advertisement
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

I don't know of a specific app, but for just jotting down info like that any note taking app will do. Evernote and SpringPad allows you to organize your notes into notebooks.
    saptech likes this.
  3. saptech

I did run across this app, Giraph, which I believe is fairly new. I haven't checked it out yet.

I have thought about using a notepad type of app also. Evernote does seems like a pretty good one to use for this purpose.

Thnx.
  4. Jemini

Jemini Active Member

Saptech, it's funny that you mention this, I work for a dialysis company in Canada (but have have several branches in the US and Germany) that provides dialysis machines, product and amongst other things nephrocare support which is after hours remote monitoring. I can find out more details but I know our IT team has been working on an app for some time now. I know they are gearing towards iOS to start but I believe they are working on an Android app too.

Unfortunately I can't give more details or tell you when it's ready just yet but I will keep you in the loop once I know for sure.

May I ask why you are asking? Do you work in a hospital or clinic? Are you a Doctor, Nurse or Clinician?
    saptech likes this.
  5. saptech

That will be great if they create an app and share with others.

My daughter is going to do dialysis from home and the doctors want her to keep track of all the info involved for her monthly visits or whenever she visits the unit.

Are the machines the Liberty brand?

Thnx.
  6. nrasool

nrasool New Member

Hi there, Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I've been suffering from Stage 5 End Stage Kidney failure, basically means both my kidneys are shot. While doing dialysis I wrote an app that is basically what you are asking for. The application allows you to record your blood pressure, you weight before and after each dialysis session and if you are diabetic then your blood sugar level

This is then presented in either a table format or graphs. The idea being that the patient can see at what days their bp level spiked or was to low to help them through it.

If you look at my profile, you will see a link to the website.

Kind Regards
    funkylogik likes this.
  7. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Thats great man thanks. And good luck :thumbup::thumbup:
  8. saptech

I'll check it out.

Thnx.