• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help dictation gone mad

May sound goofy, but have you checked the microphone holes? My phone "broke" once from a serious lint clog that killed the microphone. ;)

Google also collects info on your voice - personalized speech recognition(totally not creepy, Google..). You can go to your google acct settings and clear it out to remove any possible bad data and start fresh.

Upvote 0
May sound goofy, but have you checked the microphone holes? My phone "broke" once from a serious lint clog that killed the microphone. ;)

Google also collects info on your voice - personalized speech recognition(totally not creepy, Google..). You can go to your google acct settings and clear it out to remove any possible bad data and start fresh.

Thanks, entropic, but ya wanna talk about "goofy"!...

I somehow thought I posted the embarrassingly simple solution to my problem (which is possibly the reason why I didn't)

Still a relative newbie to Android (shoddy excuse), I didn't see where holding the space bar brings up a selection of languages.

Obviously I'd inadvertently triggered a change...DOH!

Reactions: bg4m3r
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones