Dictionary

Last Updated:

1. DanGrover

DanGrover Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My mind has just been blown. I consider myself a fairly careful and exploratory user of most things, and Android is no exception - I'd like to think of knowing most its functions, and when people make posts in this forum, I do tend to already know them. But no - my mind was just blown with something so simply that I'm sure i'm behind the curve here.

It always annoyed me how difficult it was to add a word to the dictionary for prediciton. Or, not difficult, but time consuming, going into the settings, text and locale, diction, add. The other day I had a moment of brilliance when I realised that long-holding the text box after typing in a word brought up the option (right at the bottom of the list) to add it to the dictionary. This was faster, but still a bit annoying because it took a second to load the dictionary, then you had to click "Add" again.

I just realised, however, that if you long-hold a word itself in the text entry box, it just adds it. It comes up saying "saved" and bam, it's done.

HALELUJAH!

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Not all in life or phones is obvious ... but many us hve found to long-press everything and see what hidden goodies might appear .. :)

3. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

The first two things I do in a new area is long press and hit menu.

4. adrianvintu

adrianvintu Member