Did anyone else get a notification about a system update?General

1. Beezy1978

Beezy1978 Member

Today I got a notification that my phone will be getting a new Google update. Is this going to be jellybean?!??

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. james391

james391 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't get your hopes up, VM rarely pushes OTA updates.
    EDIT: I also have that notification
    Beezy1978 likes this.
  3. Jimmy422

Jimmy422 Well-Known Member

Interesting. I wonder if it's just another patch to ICS or if they're pushing out JB.

Regardless, I think this phone has gotten the most updates to it out of any VM phone.

If anyone wants to force the update:

Also, to get our hopes up, they released Android 4.2 for the Galaxy Note 10.1 last night. Coincidence? Probably not. Lol.
    silver20 and Beezy1978 like this.
  4. KOAM

KOAM Well-Known Member

I tried that and didn't see anything about an update. I hope it's a slow roll out of jellybean. That would be a great surprise.
  5. kzrdrnc

kzrdrnc Well-Known Member

I tryed mine also > No update.
    Since these phone are fairly recent, you'd think a good marketing strategy would be a Jellybean update to sell more phones.

But thats just me, you know how corporate works.:rolleyes:
  6. james391

I don't know why virgin isn't talking about it on their site or facebook. If it was a big update they would defiantly be talking about it.
  7. Jimmy422

Jimmy422 Well-Known Member

Where are you guys seeing this update? Is it through the VM app? If so it might be referring to the LK2 update that came out a few months ago and they just never updated it.
  8. kzrdrnc

kzrdrnc Well-Known Member

VM just called they said "you guys are on your own".;)
  9. Beezy1978

Beezy1978 Member

Yah, it is the My Account icon, and when I got my phone it went through a couple updates, I really kind of do think it's referring to Jellybean, I SO hope so! Nice to know some of you are getting the notification, too!
  10. dobbs69

dobbs69 Well-Known Member

It is in my vm app. It's not concerning the plak2 update because I already have that update, don't want to get my hopes up but i site would like for it to be jb update, however, I would be shocked if it was:eek:
  11. james391

Beezy1978 likes this.
  12. Uriel707

Uriel707 Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten a notification to update! :eek:
  13. Rock101

Rock101 Well-Known Member

me either:mad:
  14. brachiopod

brachiopod Active Member

Sure you guys don't just have a new phone and this is the minor radio update that everyone got?
  15. dobbs69

dobbs69 Well-Known Member

Positive, I've had my phone since November or early December. Did the plak2 update them. However, like I said earlier this update notification is in the vm app when you hit the "help section" , after the app checks my voice and data collection of oops up but when I tap on the update it disappears. So maybe it's just a fudge up!

Attached Files:

16. Beezy1978

Beezy1978 Member

Mine's only a couple weeks old, but I got the other updates shortly after activation... I touched the notification too, it disappeared... Oh well, I heart my phone regardless. :)
    Lol still keeping my hopes up... but since I'm coming up from froyo to ICS anyways my hopes don't have far too fall, I'm still a pretty happy camper!
    ManWithCamera likes this.
  17. Beezy1978

Beezy1978 Member

GOT MY UPDATE! :-D
    Just showed up this morning, I'll re-post when I know EXACTLY what it is... :-D :-D :-D
  18. TGBlade

TGBlade Well-Known Member

I updated it. No jellybean.

Seems just another ics patch.
  19. Rob22445566

Rob22445566 Active Member

FWIW... I just applied the update and I'm actually happy it's NOT Jelly Bean. I've seen some things don't work right with it on other Jelly Bean devices.

And I'm happy to report that FoxFi still works!

Would love to see a detailed report of just what the update was if anyone has info.
    ~Rob
  20. Tighe

Tighe Active Member

I have this update annoying me every 5 minutes, my phone is rooted, will this update deroot the phone?

Edit:
    I already did the earlier update before I rooted my phone.
  21. brachiopod

brachiopod Active Member

I just did the update and my phone lost root. I followed the instructions again and was able to re-root it.
    ManWithCamera likes this.
  22. revins95

revins95 Well-Known Member

i tried to udate my phone today because i also got this notif. but it goes to CWM and its always aborted with an error messege #7. anyone know how to update to this new version and does anyone know what it brings that might be worth the upgrade?
  23. siyangqiu

siyangqiu Well-Known Member

It is mainly a baseband update. If you have root and want the update, head over to the all things root section for the MB3 flashable update package.
  24. Tighe

Tighe Active Member

Same for me, it Poot acted like the phone was still rooted, but I had to repoot it.
  25. madmikess

madmikess Well-Known Member

I got the notification the other day. Restarted to install update. Update failed. Restarted and haven't seen the update notice again since. Still on LK2 version.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Reverb using Tapatalk 2.