Did Anyone Else have the OTA Scramble their Contacts?Support

Last Updated:

1. flevy

flevy Active Member This Topic's Starter

After installing the OTA Froyo for my Incredible yesterday, I found that my contacts were alphabetized by first name, rather than last name. HTC tells me there is no way to fix this except to go through the contacts one-by-one and change how they are listed. The underlying Android 2.2 has a single toggle to change how contacts are ordered but HTC sense apparently disables the toggle.

My Microsoft Exchange account still has contacts alphabetized by the last name and I tried deleting Exchange from my Incredible and reinstalling it. The reinstallation went fine but contacts in the handheld are still alphabetized by first name.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks

Advertisement
    ringostarr likes this.
  2. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

I used a ROM ripped from the RUU and my contacts have been by first name...I thought it has always been like this...for example my buddy Alex has always been at the top of my list...

3. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Mine has always been like that too, 2.1 and 2.2. I just went into gmail from the web and changed the view to last name first and synced and it is still the same.

Sorry! :(

4. thelastdraco

thelastdraco Well-Known Member

+1

5. Echo17121

Echo17121 Well-Known Member

It def messed up my people widget. When I go to select someone, it opens someone else and if I do manage to get the right person, it is a blank text with no name! I wonder if the rearranging has anything to do with that... :confused: