Did anyone in the UK wake up with a confirmation email?General

Last Updated:

1. DonaldGreig

DonaldGreig Well-Known Member

My credit card has been charged in the UK this evening.

Advertisement
  2. Markg

Markg Well-Known Member

I haven't been charged as such, there's no Google charge but the money available is less than the balance on my bank account. It's exciting now. Just think everyone, this time on Wednesday we could all be meeting up to discuss the flaws in our new toys ;)
  3. Saffy SP

Saffy SP Member

Evening UK people:)

I'm trying not to get too excited, but I've just got home from a very long day to find a 'we tried to deliver your parcel' card from Parcelforce Worldwide. I'm not waiting for any other deliveries and I've just checked my credit card and the money has been taken..........could it be my Nexus 7??? No email from Google though and Wallet hasn't updated to say it's been sent.

Hubby is being despatched to collect the parcel tomorrow (with strict instructions not to open it!!)

How am I supposed to sleep???
  4. mattcooper

mattcooper Active Member

You're not.

Go right now, sit outside your local depot, and wait for opening tomorrow morning :D
  5. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

No change here...
  6. Saffy SP

Saffy SP Member

LOL :D

The charge has definitely been taken, but I'm not totally convinced it's in my mystery parcel. I thought TNT were supposed to be doing UK deliveries :confused:
  7. Slayerx

Slayerx Active Member

Yeah it's suppose to be TNT.
  8. davewood44

davewood44 Well-Known Member

Well, finally I see the money has been released from hold on my card so they must have got my cancellation request eventually.

Just ordered with dixons for delivery on Wednesday. That was easy!

Last time I order from google that's for sure!
  9. eager27

eager27 Well-Known Member

Another day begins ... another day of compulsive refreshing and searching of google wallet, google+ , this forum, other forums, twitter ..... marketing + consumerism + interweb = me in a befuddled mess!

So, my thoughts this morning are:

- I'll doubtlessly fail to get a shipping number today despite the promise.

- I'll worry about the screen seating, dead pixel + flickering defects that are being reported, but then rationalise this against the many others who claim no problems with their devices.

- I'll offset the above against the reported extra warranty benefits of buying through Google Play

- eventually, I'll tell myself that I'm a (virtually) middle-aged man, and should be concentrating on important, real-life things rather than obsessing over this.

- finally, I'll continue to search the interweb all day, experiencing highs and lows, and do this until my parcel arrives ... whenever that will be!
  10. Daz71

Daz71 Active Member

Charge made to my bank, the date on my order has changed to 16th however there's nothing new listed in the order itself.
    I am, just a little more excited than I was before I checked my bank.
  11. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

I rang PC world last night and they are in stock for delivery only - not retail. They said it could take them 2 days to issue the preorders....!
  12. Markg

Markg Well-Known Member

Have you been watching me? :)
    The only thing I have to add to this is that I'm doing it all on my phone and I've started thinking about how much easier it would be on a 7" screen...
  13. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Haha! And me...

At least the JB update for my GN is keeping me interested.
  14. Saffy SP

Saffy SP Member

IT WAS A COOKERY BOOK :eviltongue:
  15. Daz71

Daz71 Active Member

A cookery book? Don't you download those onto your tablet? :p
  16. Saffy SP

Saffy SP Member

:aetsch: :)
  17. Omar Days

Omar Days Well-Known Member

It's arrived! Ordered it on the 29th. Located in south east of England.

Oh and I had no confirmation that it had been despatched from google lol.
  18. Daz71

Daz71 Active Member

Did you notice when the money was taken from your bank?
  19. viffer800

viffer800 Well-Known Member

Hover your mouse over the word TABLETS at the top of the screen

Look what appears at #1 in the "Coming Soon" column

If only :)
  20. Markg

Markg Well-Known Member

Sorry to call you out on this but I'm gonna have to say it.
    Pics or it didn't happen.
  21. Omar Days

Didn't bother looking. It's my credit card I bought it on, and to be honest I never check it for transactions etc like I would my bank account.

Still can't believe it arrived and I had no email telling me it was on it's way
  22. Omar Days

Gimme one sec, on the toilet doing a number two
  23. sheppy124

sheppy124 Member

Well just had nexus size package delivered:D, However it turned out to be the case I pre-ordered from amazon with a note saying that the case has been tested however there was an issue with screen protectors and they would be sent separately.:(

Well at least they have got one. :confused:
  24. Markg

Markg Well-Known Member

Usually takes me longer than that but okaaay.
  25. Omar Days

Figure of speech, hater