• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Did anyone in the UK wake up with a confirmation email?

I'm starting to think I just shouldn't get one. Just phoned Curry's to ask to reserve one (why I didn't do it when I was in store is beyond me) they said stores are not setting them until sat and don't have stock. I said well they have stock and told me to come back on Friday. The very confused guy then said they only did home delivery!

I give up!

Upvote 0
I'm starting to think I just shouldn't get one. Just phoned Curry's to ask to reserve one (why I didn't do it when I was in store is beyond me) they said stores are not setting them until sat and don't have stock. I said well they have stock and told me to come back on Friday. The very confused guy then said they only did home delivery!

I give up!

I told you what to do on Monday :rolleyes: (I'm joking by the way, but you can never tell with text only)

Upvote 0
Hmmm, as you know I didn't get a confirmation email saying it had been shipped, and then just arrived outta the blue yesterday.

Well now I've just received a confirmation shipping email. Let's hope they've messed up and I get a free one tomorrow lol

Edit: just checked the tracking number. It was the one I received yesterday

Upvote 0
Hmmm, as you know I didn't get a confirmation email saying it had been shipped, and then just arrived outta the blue yesterday.

Well now I've just received a confirmation shipping email. Let's hope they've messed up and I get a free one tomorrow lol

Edit: just checked the tracking number. It was the one I received yesterday

Then its one for you and your mum, huh.:D

Upvote 0
Just went to get my eyes tested, good news they are fine! I then thought I'd pop into Curry's and they had one on display, I asked if they had it in stock, they did, I asked if I could buy one, they said yes :)

Just waiting for it to charge! Google sort yourself out!

Same story here, only it was PC World and without the eye test. They had one open as a demo so I asked my 12yo if she liked it, she said yes so I bought it because she's been doing pretty well at school. She's getting the 8gb when it comes.

It has been a crazy time the past 3 weeks but I'd like to thank all of you for being almost as crazy as me about it all.

Mine is charging at the moment, and then I'm going to spend the evening getting it how I like it. I'm still waiting for one so I'll be posting info when I find it, just possibly not as manically as before!
Stay strong brothers and sisters.

Upvote 0
Same story here, only it was PC World and without the eye test. They had one open as a demo so I asked my 12yo if she liked it, she said yes so I bought it because she's been doing pretty well at school. She's getting the 8gb when it comes.

It has been a crazy time the past 3 weeks but I'd like to thank all of you for being almost as crazy as me about it all.

Mine is charging at the moment, and then I'm going to spend the evening getting it how I like it. I'm still waiting for one so I'll be posting info when I find it, just possibly not as manically as before!
Stay strong brothers and sisters.

Glad your all set Mark, it has been a fun ride. Don't be a stranger though.:D

Upvote 0
For people in the UK who got shipping emails yesterday did they get delivered today ?

My shipping email just arrived :)

Yep email last night, and got delivered today. Where it got delivered to though is a complete guess! They have a signature, a name that I don't know and they have the correct address, what I don't have is a shiny N7 or a card telling me where the F%&* it is ! grrrrrrrrrrrr
It's not hard, I have done that job in the past you just deliver, or leave a card FFS
Have to wait until tomorrow for the driver to be asked where it is.

Upvote 0
Yep email last night, and got delivered today. Where it got delivered to though is a complete guess! They have a signature, a name that I don't know and they have the correct address, what I don't have is a shiny N7 or a card telling me where the F%&* it is ! grrrrrrrrrrrr
It's not hard, I have done that job in the past you just deliver, or leave a card FFS
Have to wait until tomorrow for the driver to be asked where it is.

Sorry to hear that coney.:( I hope it works out for you.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones