Did anyone notice IMAP path prefix is missing from HTC mail app

Last Updated:

1. tagta3

tagta3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

IMAP path prefix is missing in the HTC mail app when setting up a new email account so basically you can't set up your IMAP mail properly.

Advertisement
  2. edkearns

edkearns New Member

Yes, I noticed! (I just started with my Eric/Android in the last few days). No responses to this post? If anyone has advice on how to proceed, it would be greatly appreciated. I see from other web searches that the IMAP Path has been a problem as long as a year ago, but it seems to be fixed in other implementations. Is it just the HTC version that still has this problem?

3. ajg23

ajg23 New Member

Yep, the normal Android mail program works (I helped set up someone on Droid), but not the HTC program (and this is the Evo so latest version) :(

I just posted: http://androidforums.com/support-tr...root-path-obstacle-many-users.html#post927724

4. phredx

phredx New Member

This is particularly frustrating. I'm surprised that a platform consideration essentially forces acquisition of a third-party app for something as basic as email to work correctly. Really surprising that standard behavior isn't available out of the box.

5. Illywhacker

Illywhacker New Member

Thank you: you made me smile, although through gritted teeth :):

'Staggeringly incompetent' is a less generous, but more accurate, description of HTC.

Illywhacker;