• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Did anyone notice IMAP path prefix is missing from HTC mail app

Yes, I noticed! (I just started with my Eric/Android in the last few days). No responses to this post? If anyone has advice on how to proceed, it would be greatly appreciated. I see from other web searches that the IMAP Path has been a problem as long as a year ago, but it seems to be fixed in other implementations. Is it just the HTC version that still has this problem?

Upvote 0
Yes, I noticed! (I just started with my Eric/Android in the last few days). No responses to this post? If anyone has advice on how to proceed, it would be greatly appreciated. I see from other web searches that the IMAP Path has been a problem as long as a year ago, but it seems to be fixed in other implementations. Is it just the HTC version that still has this problem?
Yep, the normal Android mail program works (I helped set up someone on Droid), but not the HTC program (and this is the Evo so latest version) :(

I just posted: http://androidforums.com/support-tr...root-path-obstacle-many-users.html#post927724

Upvote 0
Thank you: you made me smile, although through gritted teeth :):

This is particularly frustrating. I'm surprised that a platform consideration essentially forces acquisition of a third-party app for something as basic as email to work correctly. Really surprising that standard behavior isn't available out of the box.

'Staggeringly incompetent' is a less generous, but more accurate, description of HTC.

Illywhacker;

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones