Did anyone who bought their incredible at best buyGeneral

Last Updated:

1. TheNextOne21

TheNextOne21 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Get their activation fee waived from verizon? i gave them a call and they said they couldn't waive it because i bought it from a third-party vendor.

Advertisement
  2. jryan727

jryan727 Well-Known Member

I bought mine at BB.. what activation fee?

3. TheNextOne21

the 35 dollar activation fee for you phone..

4. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Have you been a VZW customer or did you just switch over?

5. TheNextOne21

switched over, i had a cousin that bought a evo for sprint who also switched over and they waived the activation fee for him.

6. SCARLETnGREY

SCARLETnGREY Well-Known Member

Im pretty sure only new customers have to pay activation fees. But you probably could have talked BB out of paying it.

7. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Did he buy it at a corporate store though? They're typically more lenient with that stuff if you go through them directly.

8. jryan727

jryan727 Well-Known Member

Ahh I've been a VZW customer for a long time, maybe that's why I didn't have to pay it. This was my first time buying my phone at bestbuy, so I was asking the rep what the advantages were, and I *thought* he mentioned something about not paying any "fees". I didn't really know what he was talking about - perhaps he was referring to the activation fee? Maybe you could have gotten them to waive it?

In my experience with any company, "activation", "installation", and other such fees are all BS. You can almost always get them to waive it. Especially if you're a new customer. They'd much rather have your two year contract than your 35 bucks!

9. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

I did annual upgraded at Best Buy, and he actually said he would take off the activation while we were chatting... So I guess on upgrades you can be charged. As Jryan said, activation fees are pretty much BS, esp since with most mobile companies you can do it yourself for free by calling the automated system or doing it online... If you really persistent I am sure you can get someone to take off the activation fee for you if it matters that much. Good luck.

10. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

$35 Activation fee is only for new lines of service. They are usually waived when purchasing online. There is also a $20 early upgrade fee associated with annual upgrade that is usually waived online.

PS, I make all my purchases online ;)

11. EgoDogg

EgoDogg Well-Known Member

I was told when I got mine at Best Buy (on release day) that with the purchase of the Incredible, you would get a free month of the data plan. Well, got the bill the other week, and was charged for it. Just wondering if anybody was told something similar or if the guy helping me didn't know what he was talking about?

12. Doc_Stew

Doc_Stew Well-Known Member

People still shop at Best Buy?

13. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

The same thing happened to me. I called Verizon to tell them that Best Buy agreed to waive the activation fee but noted they couldn't because I purchased it from Best Buy.

The manager at Best Buy promised me it would be waived. I called him last week and he hasn't returned my call yet.

I'll be calling him again today.

14. k.electron

k.electron Well-Known Member

15. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member

LOL!! I only did because none of the 5 Verizon stores in my area had the INC in stock and the soonest it could be delivered was 4-6 weeks! :eek: Best Buy had it so I went there and walked out with "the beauty!" :D

16. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

I would have bought online too, but you know backorders and such.. I want stuff I buy in a reasonable amount of time, not 4-5 weeks later. :(

GrandMasterB likes this.
  17. redifrogger

redifrogger Well-Known Member

Absolutely - got my phone on 4/29 with instant rebate and free microsd card. Why not?

18. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

Best Buy is a fine store why would you not shop there?

Going to Best Buy is 10X better than going to the Verizon store itself to get a phone.

I just went to a Verizon store 1 month ago for a tech issue, I had to wait on a long line and the girl knew less about the phone than me. She was so clueless I would never go back into a Verizon store looking for help again.

As for the original thread topic yes BB charged the $35 activation fee but I called Verizon right after and they waived it. Just call Verizon.

19. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

I got my HTC Inc. at Best Buy because all the Verizon stores in my area were sold out and Best Buy had 20 or so left.

They waived the activation fee when I merely asked, they also applied the $100 mail-in rebate on the spot. The SD card wasn't free - it cost $10, but it was for 4GB. No biggie.