• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Did Google Now Stop Working on ICS ?

I don't use Google Now a whole lot so not sure about it working but I did notice that it can't be updated in the Play Store on an ICS rom.

My issues on ICS ROMs have been with the updated Google+ app with the Hangouts app. The Play Store will update Talk to Hangout which then requires an update to the Google Play Store Services App and then Hangout integrating with Google+ and then Google+ updating creates a mess causing everything in this web to crash. I now don't even update Talk and uninstall any updates to that and Google+ if they get pushed through while on ICS roms. So it makes sense that Google Now is getting messed up now too.

Upvote 0
I don't use Google Now a whole lot so not sure about it working but I did notice that it can't be updated in the Play Store on an ICS rom.

My issues on ICS ROMs have been with the updated Google+ app with the Hangouts app. The Play Store will update Talk to Hangout which then requires an update to the Google Play Store Services App and then Hangout integrating with Google+ and then Google+ updating creates a mess causing everything in this web to crash. I now don't even update Talk and uninstall any updates to that and Google+ if they get pushed through while on ICS roms. So it makes sense that Google Now is getting messed up now too.

Wow that sounds like a lot of work lol.

Upvote 0
Mine still shows traffic and weather.... :rolleyes:

Mine does too.... I am using a ghetto version right now I downloaded voice search from the play store and complete action with built in browser. and get g-now talk and pictures without the cards lol.
But If you use google browser on your computer and you are signed in the cards show up on your phone for the searches you do. It's not the same but you can achieve similar results

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones