• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Did I actually upgrade to ICS?

DemDog

Jul 1, 2010
I updated to ICS yesterday afternoon, or at least I thought I did. What makes me think things did not go too well is when I go into Settings > About Phone > Software Information. I find the following: Android Version 2.3.4 and Sense Version 3.5

I also went into Settings > Software Update > Status and saw this: Name: Rezound 3.14.065.12 71ORD then Status: Update Successful.

I don't really see any changes or loss of performance since I did the upgrade and based on what others have stated in other threads I should have something even very small go wrong with the upgrade.

Did try to see if I could get rid of some of the Verizon bloatware and that could not be done.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Problem solved. Called VZW tech support and a nice young guy helped me get the update installed. Seems that the battery has to be almost fully charged for the update to install. I was at like 70% when I began the update yesterday.

So I plugged the phone into a wall charger and what do ya know, the update installed. Took like 15 minutes but it is working. Now to play with it some to see what all I got.

Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones