did I brick my phone?

Last Updated:

1. t2tl

t2tl Member This Topic's Starter

I went through the steps to root my phone and installed the stock rom. Everything went fine then I went to reboot. Now it keeps bringing up the reboot screen with Sprint and then 4G over and over again.

Advertisement
  2. t2tl

The only way to turn it off is to take out the battery. I tried that then tried to reboot it in recovery and same thing

3. SebastianX

SebastianX Well-Known Member

Vol Down + Power go to recovery wipe your cache, data and system settings, and dalvik cache reflash the ROM and watch it boot right up.

t2tl likes this.
  4. t2tl

whew it worked. Thank you. Where does that put me in terms of rooting? Do I still have the stock rom rooted?

5. bonafide11

bonafide11 New Member

when i reach recovery it does nothing but show me a red triangle.. any advice? or how can i just do a factory rest?

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

do you have s-off? what is you hboot?

7. lubberlick

lubberlick Well-Known Member

pull out your battery, wait a few seconds, then replace your battery.

now hold the volume down button then press your power button while holding down your volume button.

A white screen with 3 dancing green android dudes will show up. Please write to use what that screen says.

8. bonafide11

bonafide11 New Member

i made it to the screen with the andriods i go to recovery and the screen goes black with a small fone icon n green over it but soon it turns into the red triangle

what difference does the s-off make? i if factorty reset works ill do it i just cant get to it

9. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Well-Known Member

S-off means that the security on your phone is turned off and you are able to make changes to it. In the GB Rooting guide there is a section for switching recoveries. You should read and follow that section to get a recovery flashed and then you can flash the su file if you are on hboot 2.16(6.16 after rooting with revolutionary) or just flash a rooted rom if on any other hboot.

10. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

in addition to what xtreme said you need s-off in order to switch recoveries. so we need to know if you have s-off and what your hboot is.

11. lubberlick

lubberlick Well-Known Member

IF you have S-Off then you can flash a custom recovery and start doing wonderful things with your phone. This is why i asked you to type the information from that screen to us so we could all get on the same page.