Did I brick my phone?

Last Updated:

1. chuhsi

chuhsi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was trying to install di18 and the new clockwork v2.5...must have done something wrong because although I can get to the green clockwork menu, choosing any option turns my screen black and the keyboard lights on. It sits like this until I pull the battery.

Did I just brick my phone?

Advertisement
  2. swanysto

swanysto Well-Known Member

It is nearly impossible to brick this phone, believe me, I have tried. If you cannot get back to anything, follow the directions in this thread:

Brick Fix

As long as you can get into download mode, all is fine. Here are some clear directions:

1. download odin. Extract it to desktop for now.
    2. download stock files. Move this to desktop as well, but leave as .tar file.
    3. download pit file. Also put on desktop.

make sure you have installed the driver files( i am assuming you did if you were flashing).

put the pit file in the PIT section
    put the stock files tar file in the PDA section
    make sure only auto reboot is checked.
    hold down 1 on the keyboard and hit the power button. (yellow digger should come up)
    when you see COM# in the first box on the left:
    click start

back to stock DI18.

3. chuhsi

chuhsi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for the advice. i did all you recommended yesterday. took a while, but finally got my phone back to di18 and i re-rooted with syndicaterom. all good again.

best part is this: my phone wasn't even originally broken. on the cw screen, all i needed to do was press the camera button to select an option. pressing anything else, like the home button, would just make the screen go black :)

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Lol! At least you now know how to fix it for in the future! :D