• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root did i brick my phone?

tobanrob

Jul 28, 2012
PA
when i restarted it was stuck on transform ultra screen.

then i tried to go into cmw. it looks like it's going to start but only shows a couple lines about the usual E: errors.

i used odin to re-install cwm but no change.

then i tried flashing some other odin files so now after transform ultra screen it gets stuck on a screen that just says android.

yeah i really didnt expect to have a working phone.

i also tried to rom toolbox pro rebooter to get to cwm and got same result.

if someone knows a way to remove cmw so i can reinstall it, maybe that would work?

niteNarmor i cant thank you enough for your help.

That's why we are all here to help each other. Glad to see you have a working device.

What recovery do you have? You have to have some type of recovery.
If you are currently on a custom rom , you can get into recovery by long pressing the power button to bring up options.

It also stands to reason if you are rooted, then you have CWM. Just have to find a way to it.

You having a working device, is thanks enough! :thumbup:

Upvote 0
yeah i really didnt expect to have a working phone.

i also tried to rom toolbox pro rebooter to get to cwm and got same result.

if someone knows a way to remove cmw so i can reinstall it, maybe that would work?

niteNarmor i cant thank you enough for your help.

If you have root you can push CWM via Terminal Emulator.

Take a look @ the 2nd post of this thread for the instructions.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
well it went bad to good to worse.

phone was up and running 2.3.4 but after i downloaded ota update it now boot loops.

tried the first link niteNarmor posted(the one that worked before) but still stuck.

tried re-installing evrything with odin. no change.

didn't get a chance to try the link oamilcar posted.

back to square one.

might be time for a new phone.

Upvote 0
well it went bad to good to worse.

phone was up and running 2.3.4 but after i downloaded ota update it now boot loops.

tried the first link niteNarmor posted(the one that worked before) but still stuck.

tried re-installing evrything with odin. no change.

didn't get a chance to try the link oamilcar posted.

back to square one.

might be time for a new phone.

Never install an OTA update on a rooted phone. It require stock recovery. I hope you get it sorted out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones