• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root did i f-up?

McChazo

May 12, 2010
Ok so i tried rooting for the first time the other day. Now, when after installing the Rom and all I re downloaded titanium backup to reload the apps backed up from when it was at 2.1 . Now this is where it seems I screwed up, I let titanium backup restore EVERYTHING. I didn't unchecked any of the system files or anything. Does titanium know enough not to restore these? I'm assuming I am going to have to clean it all off again, reinstall the rom, the kernel and then restore with titanium again correct? But this time uncheck the system files and only restore apps I had downloaded?

Is it better to use a kernel or use setcpu? I was using hydra but can't use setcpu with it

And lastly, with the current likely screw up setup whenever I unlock the phone the HTC logo pops up and then the home screen has to all reboot with "loading...." all the time. Is this hydra saving battery life or just a side effect from my assumed screw up?

Thank you much

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones