Did I just brick my phone within hours of getting it? Say it isn't so! #nubsauce?

Last Updated:

1. Beaver6d9

Beaver6d9 Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted without much issue.

but...

Doing the walk through to install the galaxy 1.5 rom, when it said Wait for the #... I don't think I quite understood what it meant and I dumbly unplugged my phone and now I seem to be getting stuck at a Samsung screen.

The solution looks to be like to 'odin' it, unfortunately, now, I am unable to get my phone to show up in Odin to flash over the original stuff and start it all again.

Of course, if I had access to the menus and what not I could play with the USB debugging to get it to show up in ADB but it's not showing up there for me either. CURSE YOU ODIN!

I pulled the battery, waited about 5 minutes and tried again and no luck.

Is it time to call 611 or can my little 'holdy deux be salvaged?

Any responses, constructive or otherwise:), are appreciated so thanks in advance.

Also just wanted to say that the guides and organization and inclusive-to-nubs atmosphere is pretty sweet. Bet that was a lot of work

ty for real,
    Chris

Advertisement
  2. ScrumHalf

ScrumHalf Active Member

I'm guessing if you were in adb that all your USB drivers are installed.

You need to hold the buttons down in order to get Download Mode started (so Odin will recognize).

Hold Volume Down (keep holding it), then start holding Ok (center of direction pad, keep holding), then press and hold Power. You must press them in that order otherwise it doesn't seem to work. Download mode should appear on screen.

3. Mastermind278

Mastermind278 Well-Known Member

The phone is still good... Don't worry the BH2 usually is hard to brick... unless if you play around with the wrong partitions. Nonetheless as stated above just press the buttons for download mode in the correct order and don't let go till it says DOWNLOAD MODE. Then just flash one of the ODIN images (what you should have done to begin with:p).

4. Beaver6d9

Beaver6d9 Member This Topic's Starter

thanks again guys for the help. Got it all settled and flashed over and i'm g2g!

5. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

...and stop messing with the 1.5 roms. Both Galaxy and BH2 No Twiz 1.6 roms are now out. No sense in sticking with 1.5. :)

6. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

Even I updated to 1.6 and I'm very hesitant since this is my work phone also.

7. psz

psz Well-Known Member

At this point, there is very little reason (one or two minor bugs?) NOT to be running some form of 1.6 (R8 was great, sans camera and vibrate), and Stock 1.6 seems to be, well, what I'd expect of a store-bought Behold 2 running 1.6. Still haven't tried Stock-minus-TWiz yet (that's later!)