• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Did I sabatoge my battery for good?

Hey, this may seem like a noob question, but I just bought my HTC desire and did not let it fully charge before turning it on and using it. It kept turning off/going in to sleep mode so I stopped playing with it, and now the light is green for the charge, but it has probably been 2 hours max. Do you think it is fine?

I am just worried that I did not optimize my battery life, and I have heard there are little things to do for first time use. Sorry if this is a really lame question, but all the doom and gloom about the battery on this forum has me second guessing myself.

When i got my phone i done the same thing i do with every new phone, turn the phone on & use the phone till it switches off.
Then charge completely & use till it turn off again before recharging, i get between 2 & 4 days between charges & if i left it just on standby i would get 10 days.
I have always found you get better battery life doing it that way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones