Did it always or update related?

Last Updated:

1. Decus22

Decus22 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I noticed this after I updated to 2.0.1. My keyboard backlight now either says on in low light conditions even if you don't press a key until the screen times out or stays off in bright light conditions even if you press a buttion on the keyboard itself it does not come on.

This plus lock screen 5 sec. time out equals uber battery saving mode!!1!11!

Advertisement
  2. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

Same thing there haha

3. gonzoguy24

Battery saver to the max

4. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member

same thing here. i posted right after i did the update and then i rebooted teh phone a few times and then it seemed to start working. the issue seems random.

5. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

It does that if you have your Droid automagically changing the screen brightness. Once you manually change the brightness it will turn off after a certain time.

6. gonzoguy24

okay just tested with covering up the light sensor. This is a nice feature. Backlit keyboard only lights up when necessary in low light. Nice :)

7. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member

until you update :) then it will randomly break.

Mine has been working ok recently so i am not sure what causes it to not light up. it only happens randomly

8. gonzoguy24

False. I have updated and tested it out. Has not randomly broken :p. It is based on the light sensor. Same as if you are on a call.

9. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member

I was sitting in complete dark and my keyboard and buttons did not light up. This has happened to me more than once and i even did a hard reset and the issue has still occured.

It

10. Tymanthius

Tymanthius Well-Known Member

Remember that there are 2 light sensors - the one on the face & the camera lens.

Might account for the 'randomness'.

Seach as there is a post about this.

11. Decus22

Decus22 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

LoL Just did some more testing. If either sensor recives bright light the keyboard backlight will go off. I can see it now your watching tv typing out a text the tv gets brighter and the keyboard backlight goes out. "S##T"! hahaha

12. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member

I agree it could have something to do with the sensor but I was sitting in a dark room with absolutely no lights on. i actually had to turn the light on so i could finish the text i was typing because i could not see the keys at all. The only thing that could have made the sensor think there was light would be the light from the screen.

I have had the droid for over a month and did not have the issue until right after the update.

I am not complaining about this i am just confirming with who opened the post that i was seeing the same thing. I do not sit in the complete dark that much so it does not bother me that much.