• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Did Metro finally discontinued the Optimus M?

I just noticed that there is no more LG Optimus M on the MetroPCS website today. I was supposed to get a replacement one about a week ago but um, it looks like I may not now if they took it off there site. Metro still has to honor my replacement even if the Optimus is discontinued?

If you talked them about it then yes they owe you a replacement. If its truly not on the site then yes its EOL. I'd check but im on my phone right now.

Upvote 0
Yep I saw that it is gone also. I think that as with all warranty providers there is a stack of refurbs ready to replace the broken ones. Sharp replaced my TV 2 months ago after a lightening strike. The first refurb was scratched around the frame so the replaced it a second time. My point is that my TV also is discontinued but is now only a year and 1 month old.

Upvote 0
I just checked with Metro to day because I was still waiting for the replacement but since there obsolete now I'm pretty much screwed. The guy tried to offer me some touch screen but had no android and he even said it is a crappy phone lol. I do have the Admire but have to bring that to Corporate because I'm stuck at the Samsung Screen and stuck using the Huawei M835 again which really blows but I still can get my old optimus back which does work but I can only use it as a mp3 player, or just something to mess with. I know you can buy a used one on Amazon for a bout $50 bucks which is what I'm going to do when I get my pay check. It was a reall cool phone while it lasted and my first android phone. RIP LG Optimus :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones