did metropcs discontinue lg iptimus m+?General

1. sam41309

sam41309 Member

I guess lg optimus m+ is not being sold on their website..?
    Its only been 4 months since its release..

Advertisement
  2. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

I noticed that it was no longer on their Web site. I would guess that it wasn't as good a seller as the original M was since it lasted a lot longer. Metro must be making room for the new 4G phones.
  3. sam41309

sam41309 Member

Such a bummer..haha..out of all the cdma 3g phones
    They took out da (m+) ? Really? Lol..
  4. Goldenakin

Goldenakin Well-Known Member

WOw i just noticed that today too, they remove one of the best 3g only phones yet still have the very crappy huawei m835 still on the store shelf. Metro needs to get its act togeather. Serioulsy
  5. Goldenakin

In all honesty this is THE shortest shelf life of any cellphone metropcs has ever released
  6. Nash Enders

Nash Enders Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think it's kind of bogus. They got rid of this phone but still keep around both models of the Huawei M835.

I think the Optimus M+ sold pretty well on Amazon, though. That's where I got mine and it came up sold out a few times.
  7. Goldenakin

In all honesty I think they got rid of it because it would tank the sales of the new LG motion just like it was affecting the huawei 4g phone. Both this phone and the. New lg motion are listed at the same starting price but with a mail in rebate the 4g phone would be cheaper than this one
    alfick3 likes this.
  8. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder Well-Known Member

Well I went to the dark side and bought a 4G Motion yesterday. Couldn't pass up the deal for the phone plus the $55 unlimited 4G. So now I have two Optimi (M and M+) just lying around.
  9. Goldenakin

I wouldn't blame you lol, I would do the same thigh if I had the money now :)
  10. alfick3

I agree. If I could afford the GS3, I would get it as soon as it was released on Metro and get the $55 plan.
  11. Fox Mulder

With the recent court verdict against Samsung it's conceivable they might have to pull the GS3 from the market to avoid paying Apple some big bucks. Anyway I'm sure it's a nice phone but is it really worth hundreds more than the Motion?
  12. alfick3

Yeah, I don't know. Hadn't thought about it. I can't afford one at this point, any way. I haven't compared the two phones in a side by side so don't know. But as far as the phones go, if I was in the market to get a new phone, I'd probably go with the less expensive one just cause I would hate to spend that much on a phone. :)
  13. Fox Mulder

Well if you happen to come up with some cash, go get the Motion. If you like the M+ you'll love the Motion.
    Just keep an eye on the "limited time" $55 deal. we don't know how long that will be around and that is what sealed the deal for me.
  14. alfick3

Yeah, my wife and I came to Metro in Feb '11 on the $50 plan, and since we had 2 phones on the plan we actually only pay $45.
  15. Nash Enders

Nash Enders Well-Known Member

Nothing's going to happen to the Galaxy S III. It wasn't part of the lawsuit.