• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Did RAM influence on CPU?

GodLovesYou

Android Enthusiast
Jan 25, 2016
Hey hey guys!

The title couldn't be the best, but I have some questions to do about what I going through at the moment. Well, I have a laptop with 12GB of RAM and a i5 CPU. Do you think that my CPU is able to support a lot of RAM or it is to much to handle?

Thank you and have a good day!

Well, I have a laptop with 12GB of RAM and a i5 CPU. Do you think that my CPU is able to support a lot of RAM or it is to much to handle?
The maximum amount of RAM is determined by the motherboard, not CPU. You can check how much RAM your laptop can use by checking out the specs on the manufacturers site, or Crucial.com as LV426 mentioned.

Since it has 12GB chances are it can handle 16GB because the maximum amounts are almost always doubled:

1GB
2GB
4GB
8GB
16GB
32GB

Upvote 0
The maximum amount of RAM is determined by the motherboard, not CPU. You can check how much RAM your laptop can use by checking out the specs on the manufacturers site, or Crucial.com as LV426 mentioned.

Since it has 12GB chances are it can handle 16GB because the maximum amounts are almost always doubled:

1GB
2GB
4GB
8GB
16GB
32GB

Ok I understand it. Thanks!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones