Did root cause my Random Reboot issue?

Last Updated: 2010-10-26 15:15:12
  1. turbomentor

turbomentor Well-Known Member

Rooted my DINC 9/26 with no problems using Unrevoked 3.2.1 or whatwver the latest clockwork mod iteration is. All went well.

Last week or so i have been experiencing some major random reboot issues. Well not really random. It appears that my phome wants to reboot any time it uses a data connection (marketplace google maps internet etc). Mames my smartphone pretty much dumb and unusable. Unacceptable.

To try to remedy I've done a factory reset but this didnt fix the problem. If i had to guess feels like my radio file may somehow have become corrupted. Possible? If so whats the fix for that? I think Id like to reflash the rooted OS...is that possible? Or even a good/bad idea?

I dont think that my problem is app related as I did a factory reset and never reinstAlled my apps. Thus my problem is either the rooting process or hardware (I think!).

Help greatly appreciated as i am away from home for a week and really need my phone fully functional.

Advertisement
  2. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

It's not the software. What you seem to be experiencing is a not unheard of hardware failure. That it happened after rooting is coincidental. Myself and a handful of others have experienced this.

The fix is to unroot, then call Verizon for a warranty replacement.
    turbomentor likes this.
  3. turbomentor

turbomentor Well-Known Member

So while driving from FL to TX I experience reboots about 15 total times. After arriving I posted my question here and the next day took my phone to VZW in Austin. In the short trip from hotel to VZW got 3 reboots!!!

Nice lady at VZW couldn't get it to reboot on command, but I was nice (read, not an A-Hole like some customers can be) and so they gave me a warranty replacement. A week later, here I am with a new phone, newly rooted and good to go!
  4. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Cool. Congrats. Enjoy. :)