did the hero get 2.1 yet, sprint rep said yesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. kiddk1

kiddk1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was at the sprint store yesterday talking to the reps about the moment and asked when 2.1 would be out, they said soon, the hero 2.1 is already out. I didnt see it, are they really that ignorant or am i wrong.

Advertisement
  2. Solo

Solo Well-Known Member

Maybe you can ask in the sprint hero section? I'm not sure. We all also agreed that sprint reps don't know diddly-squat. "soon" was him/her being polite enough not to lie to you.

3. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

More confirmation that reps don't know diddly. The 2.1 update rumors for the Hero are the same as ours, now early to mid May, but we still don't know the year.

4. Quicksand Jesus

Quicksand Jesus Member

I would be surprised if the updates for both the moment and the hero were not available this friday 4/30/2010 for public download. Of course it doesnt really matter since most of us are running 2.1 anyways.

5. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

I'm willing to bet hard money that most reps don't even know there's multiple versions of Android OS, or that there's an appreciable difference between them. See my sig.

6. vbetts

vbetts Well-Known Member

Sprint reps are trained and briefed for most of the OS that their phones have. I know this because I work with Sprint reps. They've been briefed on 2.1, but most of the them know about as much as a release date that we know. Radioshack employees are briefed a hell of a lot better though.

7. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

Going to a briefing makes them prepared and knowledgeable as much as being in a garage makes me a car.

8. kevinrs

kevinrs Well-Known Member

Radioshack employees know nothing more than general users about 2.1, there may be some training when it's actually released, but nothing so far. That probably puts them with 99% of sprint employees about 2.1. The company isn't telling reps in the stores a release date before they tell everyone.

9. Android Walks

Android Walks Well-Known Member

I lol'd :D:cool: