Did you get your $100 rebate from Sprint?

1. MelonSplitter

MelonSplitter Well-Known Member

Hey everyone. I just purchased 2 EVO's from the Sprint store and noticed that when I printed out the rebate form, it said that today was the last day to qualify for the Mail in Rebate. Am I lucky or what. I was gonna go to Best Buy tomarrow and purchase them but I thought, What the heck, I'll just do it online. Whew !!! This saved me 200 bucks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. rdegk15

rdegk15 Well-Known Member

hmm im sure thats not the case but its possible.

If you purchase it online they will have the mail in rebate for quite some time.
  3. BIG CTY

BIG CTY Member

I thought Best Buy, Walmart, and Radio Shack was selling it for $199 after contract with NO rebate needed? I also noticed my form said 6/5 for rebate end date.
  4. kaisies

kaisies Well-Known Member

normal, they just release a new "tier" of rebates tommorow. won't affect the evo
  5. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton Well-Known Member

Best Buy, Radio Shack ...etc all waive the $100 rebate fee so you don't need to wait 8+ weeks for that $100 ;)

Sooo .. Yeah.
  6. SlimJimE

SlimJimE Member

My EVO wont make it in until Monday? Does this mean I will not be eligible for the $100 Mail In Rebate?
  7. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton Well-Known Member

You will be eligible. Rebates are based on your Upgrade eligibility.
  8. jmcging

jmcging Active Member

At 12:10 am June 6 I went online with Sprint to buy an EVO as I'm just not going to get to a store due to sick kids and stuff; the rebate was NOT available online and when I tracked down a form, it clearly says rebate ends 6/5 and since I was ordering on 6/6, the system wouldn't show it. Perhaps a new rebate shows up over night, but right this second, if you try to buy via Sprint, you do not get a rebate offered.

John
  9. Msnay8907

Msnay8907 Member

The old rebate forms ended on June 5th but didn't have the EVO mentioned on them. They sent out the new set to start on June 3 that overlapped with the old ones and included the EVO.

If you buy from Best Buy, Radioshack, Walmart, etc. they do the instant rebates so you have nothing to worry about. If you got it from a real sprint store, just make sure the form they give you matches the date on your receipt. If they give you an old form, you can ask for one of the new ones also if it makes you feel more secure.
  10. jmcging

jmcging Active Member

I figured it out.

Yes there is a new rebate form but it's not being offered to me because I bought a Pre last June and according to the rebate form:

Requirements for existing qualified customers:

11. ryohei47

ryohei47 Well-Known Member

where can the rebate form be found?
  12. Msnay8907

Msnay8907 Member

13. sh4o8kid

sh4o8kid Well-Known Member

14. tx_brandon

tx_brandon Well-Known Member

thanks!! Ill keep this handy for when I get my EVO soon.
  15. 7shadows

7shadows New Member

This might be a dumb question but i just want to make sure. Lets say i buy my phone after 7/10 so i don't qualify for the 100 dollar rebate. Realistically speaking, i would think that sprint would start charging the normal 199 with 2 year after 7/10 because it seems silly to charge 299 when customers can buy the phone elsewhere for 199 but of course coming from ATT i know first hand phone companies are far from being realistic. And by the way, i am purchasing the plan/phone through SERO because i don't really have any other rebates/discounts.
  16. Crodley

Crodley Well-Known Member

A fella from the Sprint store said after 7-10 a new rebate would be up with a new expired date, they'll just keep redoing the rebate...so he said.
  17. marshad50

marshad50 New Member

Yes, we called last night and they said that we could use the rebate again. I think we have to say ATTN: Name
  18. XOS THW

XOS THW Well-Known Member

I received mine the other day in the mail. I bought the the Evo the day after launch.
    woot!
  19. One Beast

One Beast Well-Known Member

Waiting on mine......Not even looking forward to it til another month or so.....Sent it in about 3 weeks ago
  20. slugbug

slugbug Well-Known Member

I can't find the link to the website to check on the status. I checked several weeks ago and it said something like "received and processing". No check yet.

Anyone have that link?

Thanks!
  21. Chicoruiz1

Chicoruiz1 New Member

I received a postcard from Sprint stating that my rebate cannot be processed because my address was not recognized by the US Postal Service.....

I called in to verify my address and they told me I will be receiving my check within 2 weeks. I Purchased my Evo on release date, and also sent in my rebate request on the same day.
  22. antonio8

antonio8 Well-Known Member

23. m6284505

m6284505 Well-Known Member

Haha. Sprint sent me a post card saying it was denied because my address is wrong and did not match the official USPS address.
    How did their post card made it to me but they deny the rebate I don't know? I called them up and threw a fit and they changed it and now it is processing.
  24. slugbug

slugbug Well-Known Member

woohoo

"Status Detail: Your rebate is approved and a check has been issued. Thank you"