Did you have an LG Dare before your Incredible?General

Last Updated:

1. fearofth3dark

fearofth3dark Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My previous phone before my Incredible was an LG Dare. And talking to people I know who have the Incredible and reading posts on here it seems like a lot of people previously had the Dare. I was just wondering am I imagining things or is there some kind of trend between these two phones?

Advertisement
  2. ruggerxpunk

ruggerxpunk Well-Known Member

Yes I did. The trend is that they are both the highest quality phones of their time that customers waited patiently to be released and were in no way disappointed.

3. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Yep, I had a Dare before too! How funny.:)

4. jyames

jyames New Member

I, as well.

5. icedrop

icedrop Member

Also, on the LG Dare list. It's amazing how much of a technological advance was made between the 2 products in just over 2 years. Night and Day.

6. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

I had one too and ^this^ is pretty much true.

I upgrade every two years and get the "best" phone that there is at the time. Back at the time I got my Dare, the only real smartphone that Verizon had was the Blackberries, which I don't care for. But I loved the Dare so I went with that. Up until now, I would say it's the best phone I ever had.

7. 5BB5

5BB5 Member

Me too!! Wanted a droid or iPhone, couldn't deal with ATT coverage in my area and wasn't going to get a Motorola phone. Love my Dinc!!

8. sequre

sequre Well-Known Member

Mostly because most of have already came out of a two year contract. I myself had a Voyager, which came out around the same time as the Dare.

9. lrossnm

lrossnm Well-Known Member

Ima me too. The Dare was a great phone and my call quality was actually better the my current Dinc. I'm sure that will be fixed ! I love the Dinc other than that.

10. nelms

nelms Well-Known Member

proud dare owner here. glad to see how far technology has came in a couple years.

11. dan409

dan409 Well-Known Member

I also came from the dare, matter of fact the thing still works perfect. Never had a problem with it. I use to get 3- 5 days ! before plugging into a charger. :)
    I fired it up the other day and OH BOY, it made me realize in a hurry just how GOOD the DInc really is and how fast technology is moving. WOWzer !

12. SDotNY

SDotNY Well-Known Member

Dare guy here as well, that phones still alive and well though.. I actually handed it down to my mom. She went from an old school flip LG to the Dare and she feels all tech savy now lol

13. Nsane1

Nsane1 Well-Known Member

I too owned a Dare. Then an Env Touch, now my Inc. I love annual upgrades.

14. fearofth3dark

fearofth3dark Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm glad to see I wasn't imagining things. And yeah I loved my Dare too, I still use it as an alarm clock. Not really sure why, I just like still having it.

15. Darebrokenheart

Darebrokenheart Well-Known Member

I am a proud owner of the Dare also. It did what I wanted it to do at that time. The features that came with it for the camera was amazing and come to think of it...it's better than the DINC's features; just that it doesn't have better picture quality and I also went 3-5 days without charging the battery (I wish I could do that with the DINC). The Dare was Verizon's #1 phone at that time and everybody knew why. I don't care for blackberry hence when the storm 1&2 came out they didn't cross my mind to get them and as you can see both came and gone and now forgotten.
    I agree with all of you regarding the technology now from two years ago. Looking at the Dare now it seem like it was a prototype of future phones being the guinea pig of what a phone is capable of doing besides being a phone even though the iphone was out months before.

16. djbobbyd

djbobbyd New Member

in on this crew. i previoustly had a lg dare before my incredible

17. mike1

mike1 Well-Known Member

the days with the dare haha i remember the first few months i had it i felt like it was the greatest phone that could be made

18. 808Marley

808Marley Member

I also came from a Dare... I don't miss those ass calls.

19. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

no. I had a Droid Eris. Before that a Blackberry Tour, before that a Blackberry Curve, before that a Blackberry Storm, before that a Blackberry Curve, before that a Treo 650, before that I had two cans on a string

20. Echo17121

Echo17121 Well-Known Member

Not a dare but a very little known phone-- the lg versa. It was like a step up from the dare and had an attachable keyboard and three home screens. It was a pretty sweet phone but Verizon didn't do much to promote it and the screen size seemed really really small after I got my ipod touch.

I really did like the phone though, it had the ability to have shortcuts to your main contacts on the one home screen and it would have their picture in a box. When you clicked on the picture, it would give you four options to contact that person.

It was so close to being a smartphone that obviously my next choice was to go 100 percent into the smartphone world.

21. TangledThorns

TangledThorns Well-Known Member

I got the LG Dare first day expecting it to be a iPhone competitor, boy was I wrong as it's browser stank.

22. sta7ic

sta7ic Well-Known Member

I loved my dare until i got the software updated and then it sucked miles of d.. well you get the idea..

23. Polt

Polt Member

I had a dare. Nice phone, but so glad to have a dinc.

24. couch257

couch257 Well-Known Member

I had the Dare as well. It was a good phone for a phone by the Incredible is much more then just a phone :)
    My wife is still using her Dare. For some reason she is holding out for a Verizon iphone.

25. rockokma

rockokma Well-Known Member

Still have mine