• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Did you have an LG Dare before your Incredible?

i got my dare on release day or maybe it was the day after. loved the hardware construction and "hand feel" of the dare but it was soooo slow browsing. it had several super-annoying bugs with bluetooth and verizon's policies with respect to sending photos in mms messages (size restrictions) really ticked me off. battery life was great. attaching a photo to an mms was very slow from the microsd card. having vcast tv was cool but i didn't often use it. liked the photos but the exif data was terrible. was disappointed that it couldn't geotag photos.

i waited until the beginning of this month to get the incredible. what a phone but i am already not enjoying having to be constantly concerned about the battery. i will probably buy a larger battery (htc 1500mAh) for a slight improvement.

just the other day i was at fry's trying to decide which product to buy (car inverter). i used the amazon app that has barcode scanning to go right to the product page and read the reviews. way cool.

Upvote 0
I had a Dare until July 3rd when I decided it would be a good idea to bring it in to the pool with me to see if it could swim. Luckily I already had my Dinc on order and was just waiting another 2 weeks for it to arrive. Since I couldn't revive my Dare, I reverted back to my trusty old E815. Man, talk about a trip back in time. That was the best phone VZ had at the time, but it couldn't hold a candle to the Dare. Then the Dare was the best for its time, but can't hold a candle to the Dinc (to be fair, the battery life is better and the camera is about the same as my Dincs, and even has an included panoramic function the Dinc doesnt have), I'm really interested to see what's next to come in 2 years when it's time to upgrade and I'm looking back thinking "man, the Dinc was one of the best phones in 2010 but it doesnt compare to XXX phone!".

Maaan, I do love and that battery life though.

Upvote 0
When I went to VZW on Inc day, Apr. 29th, the sales girl saw that my new Inc was replacing my Dare, and asked if I wanted to sell it for $40 to her best friend, who always wanted one. I found out that she was a single mom, with a small income, so I gave it to her a few days later. That Dare was in "like new" condition too. No scratches anywhere on it. I also sent her all of my cases, and tons of paid for wallpapers.:)

Reactions: waynester
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones