• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Did you have an LG Dare before your Incredible?

I passed on the Dare because I couldn't control the scroll.
I got sucked into the butt ugly Versa, too. My touchscreen keyboard was awful--frequently off one letter in some rows, not others. did okay with ipod touch, so it wasn't all me. the hard keyboard was great, just thick and ugly.
the best would have been the enV touch.
I was a little scared of the virtual kb only on the inc, but it's been great, proving it wasn't me with the versa.

Upvote 0
I had the Dare the first day it was available. I thought I was so cool cause I had one of those new "smartphones". Heheh.

I loved showing it off to my friends and family, my favorite thing was to show them how the keyboard orientation changed depending on how you held the phone.

I hated the camera on it, though, my pictures were always blurry unless I held the phone perfectly still. No image shake compensation?

It still works exactly the same as the day I bought it. No scratches, never used any screen or case protection. I dropped it a couple times.

I bought the Incredible the day it came out. I realized as soon as I turned on the Dinc that I finally had a real smartphone.

Unfortunately all my friends and family had upgraded to android and iphone devices while I was stuck with the 2 year upgrade plan on the Dare. So when I got the Dinc I didn't really have much to show off except how fast it was at running apps and games.

Still, I don't miss anything from the old Dare days. I can't imagine ever going back to pre-android.

Upvote 0
I got my dare the day it came out, 2 years later I got the Incredible the day it came out..

I wonder which phone we will be having in two years?

Anyways, my dare is still alive and well... My GF has it in the meantime we fin her something better she switched from an ENV2 and loves the dare.

Specially the camera, I loved that little camera.

I also remember the comments on HF that it was an Iphone killer. LOL!

Sweet phone though.

Upvote 0
I miss my LG dare every time I send an mms and it fails ( says its corrupted ) or I want to send a video clip and connot edit the clip to the size I need. That phone was ahead of its time when it came to mms function. And that slo-mo feature on the camera was fantastic for analyzing a golf swing. The inc is great for what it does but I think I got a little spoiled by the dare when it came to those features. Oh yeah, and forwarding and resending have been a problem on this inc. Probably just me tho. Anyone else agree?

Upvote 0
I got the dare right when it came out. They advertised it as a solid iPhone alternative and while I really enjoyed my Dare for almost 2 years and used it as a music player and gps the whole time and it did it well. It had a lot of flaws and I had to get it replaced toward the end constantly.

But went from the Dare > Moto Droid > Eris > Now Incredible

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones