• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Did you have an LG Dare before your Incredible?

Edit:. The only thing I miss about the dare is the "high speed" (slow motion) camera feature.

I had a dare and making slow-mo vids were fun. I also really miss it's panorama picture feature. It actually made really nice panoramas (for a phone):

1221081607 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
set-72157612121368257

Upvote 0
I still have a Dare and am waiting for my new every two discount to get an Incredible. Someone stole my Dare in Vegas in April and Asurion said they I could get a Versa right away or wait a week for a new Dare. I waited for the Dare. I had proximity sensor issues on it and after a month of having no touch screen while on a call, I finally got it replaced with an even worse Dare. The touch screen would only work if I used my fingernails to tap on the screen, so I called Asurion again. They were out again and offered me a EnV Touch, which I completely refused. I did some investigating and was able to get into the service menu to disable it and now it works as good as new!

I love my Dare, but have put up with a lot of buggy ones. I think this is my sixth one as I've had two stolen and had three other warrenty replacements (camera issues, reboots, frozen screens, etc). Even so, I still think it was the best phone out there until the droids came out.

Upvote 0
HAHA I still have my dare!

GOD, does anyone remember how annoying it was, waiting for version 7 update to come out and it never did? I'm still on 6! And remember how you'd have to go to the store to actually get the update?! HAHAHA classic

Yeah I still remember those days waiting for that update. Verizon insiders will tell us it's coming soon. Also LG representatives on their forums actually made threats of closing down the forums if the complaining wouldn't stop. Ahh...the days or mobile roar where many dare owners came to get information on the phone and wondering about v.7 update. That forum is still around but loaded with so much spam. I check that website time to time to see if others still go there and answer questions they post. I still love the Dare and as you can see my screenname says it all. I kept the name from mobileroar just in case I came across any former dare owners from that site that might be on here....hello again Poland626. Have you come across any former mobileroar/dare members on here?

Upvote 0
Add me to the list....the Dare was a solid phone that I actually kind of miss a little...took great pictures, held a great signal. Never had a problem in the years that I had it...it's funny, if you look up reviews of it now, it's actually reviewed pretty well across the board. All my friends used to ask me if it was an iPhone, and I would laugh since it really only had the touchscreen in common with it...

Upvote 0
Add me to the list....the Dare was a solid phone that I actually kind of miss a little...took great pictures, held a great signal. Never had a problem in the years that I had it...it's funny, if you look up reviews of it now, it's actually reviewed pretty well across the board. All my friends used to ask me if it was an iPhone, and I would laugh since it really only had the touchscreen in common with it...

Some people say it is was no good or the worst phone they had. Maybe because they had the ones that malfunctioned. It was the best phone out for verizon at that time. Also it has better features than the Dinc in regards to media. Multi-shot, panorama, zoom in while recording I still have my Dare and play around with it for a little bit. Never had a battery problem except when I dropped the phone and the battery swelled up. I charge it every 4-5 days (wish I could do that with the DINC).

Upvote 0
woo, only a few of us env touch users here huh???

had the env touch from release day of 2009 until may of 2010....first time i EVER got rid of a phone before my new every two in all my 7 years of having a cell phone personally. the phone was so amazing when it came out i thought (i was used to my orange 2nd gen env) and literally, i was like a salesman to all my friends..had atleast 5-7 of my friends get the phone within the same month i got it due to me talking so good about it......then i realized how shitty the battery life was, so i bought the extended...then the extended batt started going through two bars a day with medium usage....

then eventually it started shutting off on it's own. i'd send a text, then close the phone and bam it would just turn off..it wouldn't send the text, and it wasn't saved as a draft, so i lost w/e i just sent....it became VERY annoying, did it very frequently....eventually i just started throwing the phone lol...then my buddy sold me an eris for 20 bucks in may (my first smartphone woooo!) and then after 3 months with that slow POS i spent the $200 for an annual upgrade on the Dinc and i coudln't be happier!

I preordered the EnV Touch. It was a good phone, I just got sick of VZN crippling it and the licensing costs to develop for BREW. A lot of my friends also got it and for their needs, it's fine. It was a good bridging point for me on if I needed a physical keyboard. After the first week I never opened it again.

I gave it to the wife when I got my Inc. :)

The above poster is right about the Dare (and the EnV Touch) having superior media capabilities to the Inc. Built in Panoramic, facial recognition, business card reader, scrolling album art in media player, etc. I miss the music player on the LG a lot.

Upvote 0
The above poster is right about the Dare (and the EnV Touch) having superior media capabilities to the Inc. Built in Panoramic, facial recognition, business card reader, scrolling album art in media player, etc. I miss the music player on the LG a lot.

It would be really nice if a couple of apps be created to fill the void of media features the we dare/former dare owners have grown used to.

Upvote 0
It would be really nice if a couple of apps be created to fill the void of media features the we dare/former dare owners have grown used to.
A big Amen on that one! I really want the camera features on my DI that i had on my dare. I also wish the messaging apps were as easy as they are on an LG phone, but i am getting used to the share buttons, and to handcent.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones