1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Did you know? Jelly Bean Update (4.1.1) available to AT&T Galaxy S3's via Samsung Kies...General

Last Updated:

1. Hjortron

Hjortron Active Member

Advertisement
    Metroid Prime and TheLoxmyth like this.
  2. Nugroove83

Nugroove83 New Member

is it just my phone but after the update I notice when i long press on the home button to bring up task manager it lags, anyone else?
  3. outerub

outerub Well-Known Member

Mine seems to be fine .... Try re-starting the phone.
  4. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

I have moved this into the forum for the USA version of the GS3, so that those with AT&T GS3's can post here.
  5. naviwilliams

naviwilliams Well-Known Member

After reading online, there seems to be various issues with Jelly Bean and the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3.

Maybe I should wait, no?
  6. S Chonson

S Chonson Well-Known Member

No issues here thus far.
  7. Hjortron

Hjortron Active Member

Not mine (not that I can notice, anyway). Am liking Jelly Bean so far (though, considering that the SGS3 was already smooth as butter, the increase in Frames Per Second is a lot more subtle than it might be on other handsets). Google Now is an immediate standout, and the voice search already trumps S-Voice (and Siri, while we're talking about it). Gosh, I love the SGS3 more every day!!! :)
  8. naviwilliams

I went back on my word. I've since installed it, but I'm yet to see what the what all the fuss is about with Jelly Bean. Maybe over the next few days I will see it.
  9. Kuhns787

Kuhns787 Well-Known Member

I am unable to update through Kies it downloads the update and then force closes. Anyone have a fix?
  10. ldivinag

ldivinag Well-Known Member

kies had a update today.

if you downloaded last night, run it again and update.

worked like a charm tonite. probably less than 30 minutes for the entire process for me.

of course i was running a new laptop ad i5 cpu, vs a netbook running atom cu last night...
  11. naviwilliams

Also, I'd recommend if you have a virus checker of sorts installed, turn it off during the update. It seems to work better that way.
  12. radman2020

radman2020 Well-Known Member

I don't see a big difference. No difference in speed or smoothness. Google Now is mildly interesting. It doesn't seem configurable so I can't tailor which cards show up. I think it will add nothing.

I use Go launcher. It is and has always been better than touchwiz so the improvements in touchwiz aren't of use to me. I did try it but there is no significant customization. I can't even change the animation when you move screens.

Once again, lots of hype...no real change. BTW, I see a new application S Suggest. It doesn't load though. Anyone know what that is?
  13. gingersnapgirl

gingersnapgirl Well-Known Member Contributor

S Suggest isn't new. It suggests new apps for you based on apps you already have, and apps your friends have (only if they have S Suggest activated as well, of course)
  14. radman2020

radman2020 Well-Known Member

You're right. Thanks.. S suggest crashes so they must have deactivated. I think one of the big problems with Android is that it is too complicated for many people.... and therefore iphone is attractive. The easy mode is a great addition for just that reason.
  15. crantree

crantree New Member

the phone won't connect to kies. I have windows 7 and the newest media player and all the other requirements but still won't work
  16. Kuhns787

Kuhns787 Well-Known Member

I am unable to get my phone to do the update via Kies it just goes to download the update then force closes. I have tried it on my laptop with Windows 7 and my home pc that has XP. My phone is not rooted or anything and I have tried several usb cords and ports including the one that came with the phone. Any one know of a solution or should I wait for the next update?