1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Did You Know This?

1. chris4x4

chris4x4 Well-Known Member

All the pumps out here in AZ can be set to fill while left unattended. :confused:
  2. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On Guide

in fla here, about 95% are disabled and some still have the lock. the lock disabled, is really for if the hose and nozzel falls out, so cant flow fuel everywhere. if you hold a disabled one full it will shut off in your hand. if you lock it, walk away and it falls out in won't shut off and spill gas everywhere. now disabled, you can't leave unattended , so it won't fall out.

about 15 years ago i put nozzel in locked on full and walked away, it fell out and spilled about 10-12 gals all over ground. that is why they disabled the lock, might have happened many times.
  3. KnicksALLday

KnicksALLday Active Member

im going to try that grill cheese trick... hopefully the cheese doesnt leak out
  4. cwhatever

Never buy dryer sheets again. Wad up a large ball of aluminum foil and toss it in your dryer along with your wet clothes. It removes static and best of all you can use the same ball over and over again. You can also soak a rag in fabric softener and hang it up to dry. Once it is dry toss it in the dryer with the rest of your clothes and reuse it until it stops smelling like fabric softener
  5. cwhatever

Stick old newspaper or magazines inside your boots when you store them. This will keep the tops from flopping over and adding unsightly creases to your boots.

[​IMG]
  6. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

Did you know if a tomatoe shows ANY degree of red when it is picked, it can be legally caled a Vine Ripened tomatoe? These horrid fruits are then ripened with gas.

Next time you visit the market and see "vine ripened" tomatoes, just be aware that they were likely picked green and ripened in a gas chamber.

Did you know if you place a tomato in your fridge, when it hits 50 degrees, the stuff that gives tomatoes their flavor permanently shuts down?

did you know you can place a banana in the paper bag with your tomatoes and the gas given off will ripen your fruits?

Did you know a tomato is actually a fruit?

Did you know I am serving tomato and prosciutto sandwiches, potato salad, key lime pie and draft beer right now and most you you cant come?

Did you know I think too much about tomatoes?
    3vodroid likes this.
  7. Bob Maxey

Did you know cats do not like the spin cycle, so remove your cats and air dry them.
    Desertknit and NightHawk877 like this.
  8. Bob Maxey

Did you know that most here do not really know, they Google?
  9. Bob Maxey

Did you know Google spelled backwards is Elgoog and an Elgoog is a type of Abacus popular in the forth century?
  10. chris4x4

chris4x4 Well-Known Member

I thought you were gonna say it was a type of tomato.....
  11. cwhatever

12. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Did you ever google the word "google" backwards?
  13. ItnStln511

ItnStln511 Well-Known Member

That sounds good actually.

I never knew that...interesting.
  14. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

But sadly:

15. cwhatever

yes is true. just don't drink out of colored ones but use for decor.
  16. cwhatever

Toss small items such as baby spoons, pacifiers and bottle caps inside a small mesh lingerie bag and set the bag in the top rack of your dishwasher. This will keep things from falling off the rack and getting lost or ruined in the bottom on the dishwasher

Create a tight seal on any plastic bag using a plastic water bottle. Also makes it super easy to poor out your next serving.

[​IMG]
  17. cwhatever

[​IMG]

Use a hanger with clips to hold your recipes up where you can see the. No more greasy fingerprint all over your recipe cards!!

When packing liquids (shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, ect...) for your next trip, take the lid off, place a piece of plastic wrap over the opening and screw the lid back on. The plastic wrap will keep the liquid from spilling even if the lid pops open.
    Mikestony likes this.
  18. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

I installed a magnetic white board on my cabinet and picked up a pack of rare earth magnet push pins (they look like push pins but instead of a pin they have a magnet).

[​IMG]
  19. cwhatever

pretty cool, neat idea too. mine is free though for some who don't want to spend money on it.
  20. DblDragon

DblDragon Well-Known Member

whoa! i didn't know that! i'm surprised! :O
  21. Seanette

Seanette Well-Known Member

I'll have to try the banana thing. DH doesn't like them, so it's up to me to get them eaten before they get overripe.

I can vouch for the one about reheating pizza. I do it that way all the time. Just have to keep an eye on it unless you don't mind singed crust (I have a tendency to scorch the crust before the toppings are warm).
    cwhatever likes this.
  22. Seanette

This I should probably try. Our dryer seems to have a static problem and my husband hates fabric softener, so really doesn't want me to use it (I'm home full-time, so I do the laundry).

As far as hanging recipes, that's about the only thing I miss about the apartment we moved out of in June, metal cabinet doors that I could stick recipes on with a magnet. I currently use the stove fan hood and a magnet :).
  23. cwhatever

you can use a metal hanger with wood clothes pins too that would be adjustable width wise too. if no door knobs just twist top hanger 90 degrees and hang on top of door.
  24. Rachel A

Rachel A Well-Known Member

Sheesh - so old fashioned. We have all our recipes on Evernote now :)
  25. Seanette

The top of the cabinet door (no knobs) is within a few inches of the ceiling, and I'm only 5'4". I don't think a metal hanger would stretch far enough to put a recipe near my level, and getting it up there in the first place would probably require enlisting DH, since I don't think I can get up there even with the stepladder. :)