Did You Know This?

1. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

Sadly, I can now say this one is not true.
  2. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On Guide

yes is great if have a tablet but have to zoom in and scroll on phone and take chance of a spill or something bad happening. so some of us are still half old school. my wife has a simple phone only and no web or anything, and this is as of just 8 months ago, before that she had none at all, talk about old school.
  3. cwhatever

well that will need some thought to work for that then:confused:.
  4. cwhatever

so sorry about that, i guess all are not perfect.
  5. Seanette

Seanette Well-Known Member

While we're swapping household advice, would child-proofing latches work to keep a cat out of cabinets?
  6. cwhatever

yes, the ones that have the plastic latch to push down once you get the door open a little bit first. and that is until they figure that out, they are smart.
  7. Seanette

OK, so I think you're describing the kind I had in mind, that would install inside the door frame (remember, the cabinet doors don't have knobs).
  8. cwhatever

9. cwhatever

you can also put a small hook on inside of door and then open door and hang metal coat hanger on insde to where it hangs down past the bottom of the door to hang receipe on. only needs to be on one door where most preperation is done, and nobody will ever see hook. just an idea!!
  10. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

They work on our cat, but not our ferrets.
  11. Seanette

Unfortunately for me, I live in the one state in the US where ferrets are illegal. I hear they're entertaining pets, but until I move to another state.....
  12. cwhatever

Before grilling burger, press a hole in the middle of the patty. The hole will disappear as the burger cooks. This will minimize shrinking and you won't have to worry about them not being done in the center. unless you over cook it then it will shrink.

Do you have hard water spots around your sink fixtures? Soak a rag in white vinegar, lay the rag over your water spots let sit for a few minutes and the spots will scrub right off.
  13. cwhatever

Rubbing some butter over the cut edge of a block of cheese will seal it and stop it from molding.

If your hair turns green from the chlorine in the pool, dissolve eight aspirin pills in a glass of warm water, coat hair with the solution, let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse. The green will be gone.
  14. Seanette

Not a bad idea. I can state from experience that those Command hooks come off quite well, so I don't have to worry about damage (I'm renting), so one of those could work quite well for this.
    cwhatever likes this.
  15. cwhatever

[​IMG]

Need to hang a picture but there is nothing on the back to hang it from? Once you are done with your soda, turn the tab around. Using a pair of pliers grab the bottom (short end) of the tab and bend the tab down into the mouth of the can while pulling up at the same time. This will ensure that the ring is still intact so that you can attach it to the back of your frame with a screw and hang your photo

Tired of eating dried chicken? Try this trick Stuff a Whole Chicken with an apple to keep it moist while cooking (discard apple afterwards).

Even though Apples are extremely yummy to eat there are many other uses for them.
    1) Keeps Cake Fresh
  16. MacFett

17. cwhatever

that is why its called did you know this! thx for the contribution and help to the viewers out there, a new thing learned, thx again.
  18. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

cwhatever likes this.
  19. cwhatever

apples have alot of uses!!!! cooolllllll!!
  20. Shinji01

Shinji01 Well-Known Member

I am about to go to costco soon, and could not help but drop by this thread for helpful ideas.
    thats a first for me! No other thread has been so intriguing. LOl
    cwhatever likes this.
  21. cwhatever

Well thanks a whole bunch I would hit the thanks button for you but for some reason on my phone it's gone so Ill wait till I get home to do it on the computer
    Got it to work:D
  22. MacFett

The first time you take the brown sugar out of the freezer you're going to think, 'Oh %&@$, MacFett lied to us! This is one solid brick of brown sugar.'

That is because it is frozen, not hardened. It defrosts very quickly and breaks off in pretty large chunks, but it will make measuring hard. So use a site like Gram Ingredient Conversions Calculator to convert volume to weight.
  23. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

However, if you place something like a chopstick in a cup of water being heated in the microwave, it can prevent explosions. The stick gives a place for bubbles to cling to so you will not suffer burns.
  24. cwhatever

To relieve (or remove) a sunburn soak a couple earl grey tea bags in water and let soak until the tea is dark black. Dip a rag into the tea and dab on your sunburn. Continue to reapply as the tea dries. Do not wipe off. Allowing the tea to sit on the burn over night and wash off in the morning. The burn should be barely visible if not gone completely

Need to light a hard to reach candle but don't have any long matches? Use a piece of uncooked spaghetti.

[​IMG]
  25. cwhatever

Apply a thin layer of olive oil to your candle holders before you use them. Once the candle has melted the olive oil will allow you to wipe off the wax and keep it from sticking to the candle holder.

Too many clothes in your closet? Turn all of your hangers backwards. Once you wear a piece of clothing, hang it back up with the hanger facing forward. At the end of the year, toss any item that are still on hangers facing backwards. If you haven't worn it in a year you probably wont miss it.