• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Did you notice the notification LED can flash different colors?

yea its a tri color led and you simply vary the amount of red green and blue that you turn on usually by either PWMing the LED or by using a programmable resistor and you can make all sorts of colors. Not too difficult and not uncommon. There are some great blackberry apps that allow you to specify what color you want for each type of notification so that even if the phone is on vibrate only you can look down and see what you've got waiting.

Upvote 0
yea its a tri color led and you simply vary the amount of red green and blue that you turn on usually by either PWMing the LED or by using a programmable resistor and you can make all sorts of colors. Not too difficult and not uncommon. There are some great blackberry apps that allow you to specify what color you want for each type of notification so that even if the phone is on vibrate only you can look down and see what you've got waiting.

Thnx for explanation. I am not technical at all so for me it seemed really cool and something I had not seen before. I had a Sprint Hero and it did not do this. Handcent SMS had an option to set the color of the led flash and it only flashed white.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones