Did your DROID home screens vanish then reappear?

Last Updated:

1. rcr484

rcr484 New Member This Topic's Starter

On Saturday evening, I went to look up a score and found my Droid's homescreens wiped clean. I mean nothing was there. Folders, shortcuts, widgets, all gone. Nothing but my background. I thought I hit some reset or a magic delete function. After a few minutes of befuddlement, I cycled the power. Lo and behold, everything was back.

Now, I'm very patient with glitches, so I didn't really think anything about it. Until this morning, when buddy texts me having the same exact problem. I advised him to reboot. Screens came back.

So I'm not hearing anything about update pushes, so I've gotta ask if anyone else saw this bizarre behavior in the past 24 hours.

Advertisement
  2. HardCache

HardCache Well-Known Member

I have this problem occasionally. I started using Home++ home replacement not long after the 2.0.1 update came out though. I think it's an issue with Home++ not the base android system. I could be wrong though.

Are you using any type of home replacement app?

3. GreedyBird

GreedyBird Well-Known Member

It happened to me a day or two ago, I use GDE. All my widgets were gone and folders, i think my app icons were there

4. tebower

tebower Well-Known Member

I have experienced this problem as well, and I am not using any home replacement, and have none installed.

When I exit apps, say a game or even the browser, sometimes my home screens are blank. After a few seconds, my icons and widgets will reappear. I am talking like ten seconds or more later. I have rebooted a number of times myself also.

Let's hope this type of glitch is fixed in 2.1, whenever that comes out.

5. rcr484

rcr484 New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm not using any home replacement. And this was the first and only time I've ever seen that behavior.