Did YOUR phone come with a RED battery?Support

Last Updated:

1. stainlessray

stainlessray Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm currently trying to figure out my battery issue with vengeance. I'm trying things methodically in order to hone in on the actual source of the problem. and during my research I discovered that most people seem to have gotten their phone with a red battery that matches the inside of the phone. MINE did not.
    Now I'm sure that the color of the battery does not matter for performance, but I do wonder what it would tell me about my phone, which could contribute to such an issue. LIKE: 1 was it in fact a new phone?
    2 was my replacement phone new?
    3 if not, was my memory card new?(I kept my original card when the phone was replaced. I had very similar issue with the 1st phone)

You can imagine the multitude of things that could be wrong with my phone contributing to my battery issues based on the answers to these questions.
    I'm trying everything I can to solve the issue 1 item at a time. This way if I locate the problem/solution I will know what it was. doing everything wholesale would not be very telling if I were to see a change in performance.

I continue to read within the forums, and welcome any and all useful input the members can offer. as well as any questions for me as I post results.

Advertisement
  2. rob the plumber

rob the plumber Active Member

My phone has a red battery. It is a replacement phone that I bought used.

3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

If your phone didn't come with a red battery, I would take it back. EVERY evo should come with a red battery. If it didn't, that could mean the store you bought it from swapped the new red battery for an older one and gave it to you.

Connectz likes this.
  4. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

I got my phone from sprint.com and it came with a red battery.

5. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

What sitlet said. There are some minor differences between the stock batteries but they are all red. Is yours black like all the generic ones on ebay and such?

6. Ilya

Ilya Well-Known Member

My first one (release day phone) came with a red battery.

The one I got from Asurion after looking my original phone at Six Flags has a black one. Don't have any battery issues.

Behind the battery is a sticker from Asurion that says 'refurbished'.

7. stainlessray

stainlessray Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yes it is. i'm going to return it based on this fact alone. i want the new unit paid for. thanks for your answers everyone. just wanted a consensus on what should have been there.

8. NeoEVO

NeoEVO Well-Known Member

Did you get your EVO from Sprint or an authorized Sprint retailer?

If you think your EVO is a refurbished unit - enter ##786# and check the notes on "Refurbishment Status" & "Refurbishment Date".