Did your Swype expire?

Last Updated:

1. megabiteg

megabiteg Well-Known Member

Has anyones Swype expire?

Advertisement
  2. Beaver6d9

Beaver6d9 Member

mine just did like... 20 minutes ago i've been feverishly uninstalling/reinstalling/googling to figure out how to get this rolling again, otherwise it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to type on this piece of shit phone. (love android though, but let's be real about this hardware)

I tried another version but it was not HVGA. I think there is a multi-language pack that will also work that I need to dig up and try...

Otherwise is there a simple fix to get swype rolling again? Apparently I did not back it up with titanium, so I can't try restoring the app via that:(

t-mobile, you suck!

-chris
  3. Jsaini04

Jsaini04 Active Member

one of BH_MAN's ROMs come with the full version of swype. It's one of the 1.6 stock ROMs.
  4. jdmfa5

jdmfa5 Well-Known Member

Here you go:

Link Removed By OfTheDamned
    Emi2010, mwl1119, Beaver6d9 and 6 others like this.
  5. megabiteg

megabiteg Well-Known Member

great! thanks a lot. I kind of remembered that but I wasn't that sure about it, I thought it was the same version but short the other languages.

Thanks a lot man!
  6. Jsaini04

Jsaini04 Active Member

thanks for the dl link. I'll save it for backup.
  7. jazzedmurf

jazzedmurf Well-Known Member

Thank you so much!

PS - Works beautifully on the BH2.
  8. jdmfa5

jdmfa5 Well-Known Member

No problem.
  9. goBeavs

goBeavs New Member

Works great on my BH2 as well -- I about lost it when it the 1.16 version said it expired. Touch keyboard "tapping" is way too painful.

Thanks for the link - made my weekend. :)
  10. aamirsalim

aamirsalim Member

jdmfa5

THANKS YOU SO MUCH, It was freaking me out. its next to impossibile to type with any diffrent key board.
  11. Calisto1224

Calisto1224 Member

yeah mines expired but kept on looking and found a free app on the market it's the same and for me a little bit more accurate although the keyboard is white but works great. the app is called: SlideIT keyboard lite!!!
  12. NowVoyager

NowVoyager Well-Known Member

It was panic city over here when I awoke to find Swype's nasty little "I'm gone" message. But I found another copy...I don't understand all the hoopla since it isn't for sale...just give the puppy away! What's the big deal?
  13. Perseids

Perseids New Member

Thanks! Works great!

Can't do without Swype on a BH2. Coolest keyboard interface ever!!!

It really should be given away free until production. Even Microsoft gives their Beta's away for free.
  14. Beaver6d9

Beaver6d9 Member

Yo thanks for posting that file times infinity. I'd say you have no idea what typng is like without it but you probably know exactly what it is like. Good lookig out for your peeps!

-beav
  15. chenchodroid

chenchodroid Well-Known Member

Does that work for the Samsung Behold 2?
  16. Emi2010

Emi2010 Member

@Chenchodroid yea it does work i just did it. and thanks i havedownloaded this before but it expired and i got so used to it cause the orig keyboard for samsung behold 2 sucks imo:D
  17. chenchodroid

chenchodroid Well-Known Member

i downloaded and adb push it but it doesn't seem to work. wonder what i did wrong. Keeps saying is not for this devices!:(
  18. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

Will this work on the cliq I wonder......
  19. jdmfa5

jdmfa5 Well-Known Member

It should work.
  20. mwl1119

I am guessing it won't because it does not have a hard keyboard mode.

I will probably have to wait for an apk of the slide's version.
  21. mwl1119

Looks like I was wrong. I got it working :)

[​IMG]
  22. Jenzy816

Jenzy816 Active Member

This version was also telling me its expired so I went to the Swype site and registered so they would tell me when beta opened up again. It automatically added me to the beta group and I was able to download Swype directly from them. WIN! Perhaps you've figured this out, perhaps you'll be as happy as I was to be in the cool beta Swype club.
  23. waitreally

waitreally Member

I just downloaded the version that the link above provides. It is also saying that I need to upgrade because my version has expired. Is there a new version out anywhere? I signed up for the beta, but it's not open now. I've had a taste of Swype and I can't go back! Please help!
  24. Jenzy816

Jenzy816 Active Member

Did you register to be part of future beta groups? That's what I did today and it let me in and I was able to download the latest version.
  25. adien666

adien666 Well-Known Member

do you need root to have swype?